Author Topic: Elizabeth Ives. 1785 Great Missenden, Bucks.  (Read 1438 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Ives. 1785 Great Missenden, Bucks.
« on: Wednesday 13 September 17 00:23 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, need some help.  Trying to sort out 2 Elizabeth Ives's.

She was possibly born to James Ives & Mary(nee. Wooster). baptised, 1785.

There is another born 1788 in Great Missenden, to Thomas Ives & Sarah(nee.White).  She more than likely married William Fryer, and both buried in Great Missenden. Elizabeth Fryer's age is 2 years out at burial, but no surprises there. ::)

Marriage, Great Missenden, Bucks.
23 Oct 1813.
James KING, Bachelor of Dean, Northamptonshire
Elizabeth IVES, Spinster of this parish
Witnesses - John Ives & Ann Ives
With consent of parents. by Licence.

Marriage License.
12 Oct 1813. Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, England
James King, Gentleman of Dean, Northants. Elizabeth Ives otp.

Is there anything to be found in Northants for this couple.....children, deaths or burials.

Nothing in Great Missenden, except for marriage.

Any suggestions.?

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Ives. 1785 Great Missenden, Bucks.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 13:30 BST (UK) »
Witnesses to the marriage and William King and Elizabeth Ives were a John Ives and Ann Ives.

From what I see both John and Ann look likely to be the children of Thomas and Sarah thus making Elizabeth their sister and the one born 1788.

William King, Gentleman, may be the one bc.1784 London, with a wife Mildred in 1851.
He married Mildred Stephens as a widower of Norland Place, Notting Hill, 29/4/1847 St. Mary, Islington (by licence), his father Robert King, Gentleman.

In 1841 he is shown as 'Ind' living with a wife Mary and 4 daughters born 1821 to 1826 (baptisms show mother as Mary Anne).   In 1851 these daughters are living at 10 Norland Place.

So, is this the same William King who married Elizabeth Ives in 1812 - a William King, widower married a Mary Ann West 30/1/1820 at St. Marylebone.   Again, if this is the same man then Elizabeth would appear to have died between 1812 and 1820.

The parish of Dean, Northamptonshire given when William and Elizabeth Ives married 1812 does not mean that was his parish of origin, just that he was resident there at the time.

If the same man who married Mary Ann West and Mildred Stephens, both as a widower, then it looks like William and Elizabeth would have moved to London after the marriage and that she probably died there.   

However, unless an obvious burial can be found for this Elizabeth King have no idea of her age at death.   

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 14:18 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Ives married a James king not a William. Back to the drawing board!

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 14:47 BST (UK) »
Duh!   How daft am I - obviously had the name 'William' from the other marriage in my head.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 18:46 BST (UK) »
Trust me....I get the same way at times. ;D

Thanks for looking, despite the wrong name. ;)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/