Author Topic: Mckimmie  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Heather Fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Mckimmie
« on: Wednesday 13 September 17 09:59 BST (UK) »
Trying to find parents of Margaret Mary Ann Mackenzie who was born in 1863 in forres. She married my great grandmother and died at braefindon in the black isle.I if I have the correct parents her mother was Mary Ann mckimmie and her father john Mackenzie. She was a dressmaker. I believe her grandmother to be a Christina Fraser.This family were living in forres about this time.Also mckimmies's from forres were living in easter Ross at this time also so there could be a connection . Does anyone have a connection to these people who would be able to assist.Thanks for any help

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mckimmie
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 September 17 10:46 BST (UK) »
Interesting Fraser connection, Mac Shimmie (McKimmie) is Lord Lovat's title, son of Simon.

Skoosh.

Offline Heather Fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 September 17 11:11 BST (UK) »
Trying to find parents of Margaret Mary Ann Mackenzie who was born in 1863 in forres. She married my great grandmother and died at braefindon in the black isle.I if I have the correct parents her mother was Mary Ann mckimmie and her father john Mackenzie. She was a dressmaker. I believe her grandmother to be a Christina Fraser.This family were living in forres about this time.Also mckimmies's from forres were living in easter Ross at this time also so there could be a connection . Does anyone have a connection to these people who would be able to assist.Thanks for any help

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 September 17 11:28 BST (UK) »
HI you can find the birth on Scotlands People different spelling of surname
Margaret Mary A McKenzie 1863 Forres ref 137/x5
You will be able to download the birth to see the parent's names for a small fee

Rosie

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 September 17 11:42 BST (UK) »
Did Your Great Grandmother marry a William Stewart ? 1886 as tree on anc.... has a copy of the marriage giving her parent's names as John Mackenzie ( drapers clerk ) Mary Cummings

Rosie

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 24 September 17 22:34 BST (UK) »
These look to be her birth details here on the index of FS https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FQ4Q-GZ6

Is this who you think might be her mother? https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X16J-HXJ

As Rosie mentions, the origal image will be available to view on Scotlands People. From the way the index entry is written up, it looks like parents were not married at the time of her birth.

What details did she given on her parents' names etc when she married or reported on her death cert? ADDED: Sorry Rosie, see you have found a mention of her marriage details...although I can't see a birth for her with those parents names  :-\.

Have you found her in the censuses before she married?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 24 September 17 22:47 BST (UK) »
Is this her in 1871 with paternal grandparents?

Roderick Mckenzie 81
Catharine Mckenzie 59
Mary Mckenzie 28
Margaret Mckenzie 7 grandchild b. Forres

Address: 9 Green Leanach, Urquhart and Logie Wester R & C

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 25 September 17 06:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica would agree with the 1871 census.. online tree has a death for the mother 1864
Scotlands People has a death for a Mary Ann McKimmie  1864 Forres age 18 years ..Best way forward is getting the birth certificate for Margaret Mary Anne McKenzie ..

Rosie

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 29 September 17 16:29 BST (UK) »
Yes it could be her that's where some of my family were living at various times .Thanking everyone for taking the trouble to look this up thanks

Hi Heather ,

I think you clicked on the Report to Moderator button instead of the Reply button.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records