Author Topic: Mckimmie  (Read 746 times)

Offline Heather Fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mckimmie
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 March 18 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Help very much appreciated.Am looking for the mother of Margaret mary Ann McKenzie who was born in forres in 1863.The only birth I can find in the parish records the mother is listed as Mary Ann mckimmie .Margarets father was as john McKenzie.On margarets marriage certificate her mother is listed as cumming  but I can't find a birth for a mother with the surname cumming  born in 1863

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline J11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mckimmie
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 March 18 11:03 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought but looking at the post above where mckimmie and cumming are close together, I can see someone looking at something written down with the appalling handwriting we often see on censuses, etc. and mistranscribing one for the other.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.