Author Topic: Maggie Cameron & Edward Noble marriage  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Cameron & Edward Noble marriage
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 September 17 20:06 BST (UK) »
Probably way off,but there's a marriage June 1912 in Ontario for Henry George SMITH and Maggie NOBLE.
She gives her parents as Angus NOBLE and Annie ROSS. Looking them up on the 1901 Scotland census in Nairn,there's no Maggie NOBLE with them but there is a Margaret CAMERON born ~1888 Rafford,Elginshire.

Maureen

Sara already has a copy of the marriage attached to her ancestry tree Maureen  :-\

Sandra

"I'll definitely look into this. Thank you"  ???  ::)

Annie (feeling sorry for anyone/everyone given the runaround) with no mention of previous finds  :o
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline MaureeninNY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 September 17 20:08 BST (UK) »
Ah. Thanks,Sandra. Darned computer won't let me open images on Ancestry anymore. ::)

Think I'll go back to  packing. ;)

Just out of interest,though-the half-brother William Arthur SMITH born 1913 Lincoln doesn't seem to have the "right" parents-does he??

Maureen

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 September 17 20:10 BST (UK) »
From original post on this thread...

"I know Maggie had two more sons, William in 1913 and Harold(?) in 1915, with a man with the surname 'Smith'"

No mention of a marriage or having a MC  ???

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 14 September 17 20:22 BST (UK) »

"I know Maggie had two more sons, William in 1913 and Harold(?) in 1915, with a man with the surname 'Smith'"

Annie

Wow... so sorry everyone. I was not intending to give anyone a "run around" and have no idea what an MC is. I am very unsure of any information about my great grandmother, and was trying to find the truth. Facts I've thought were truths have turned up not to be.

I am feeling quite bad now that I've somehow offended you all, without intention.

Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 14 September 17 20:28 BST (UK) »
Ah. Thanks,Sandra. Darned computer won't let me open images on Ancestry anymore. ::)

Think I'll go back to  packing. ;)

Just out of interest,though-the half-brother William Arthur SMITH born 1913 Lincoln doesn't seem to have the "right" parents-does he??

Maureen

Does he not, tell more and I'll help with the packing  ;)  Prob best on the Canadian thread - since he was born in Canada.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 14 September 17 21:00 BST (UK) »

Annie

Wow... so sorry everyone. I was not intending to give anyone a "run around" and have no idea what an MC is. I am very unsure of any information about my great grandmother, and was trying to find the truth. Facts I've thought were truths have turned up not to be.

I am feeling quite bad now that I've somehow offended you all, without intention.

In simple terms...

You had a lot of info. which you failed to share & people have been researching what you already have.
If you had mentioned you had the MC (Marriage Cert.) & given the details from it, no-one would need to look for it but they would do as Maureen done, looked closer at the details from it to find further clues.

So, in theory, after all the double posts (info. already found or held by another) but being looked up by another, that info. has just gone full circle back to what you already knew/had.

Knowing all that info. from the outset would have saved time/effort & moved on rather than going round in a circle ending back at the start.

Annie

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 14 September 17 21:22 BST (UK) »

Annie

In simple terms...

You had a lot of info. which you failed to share & people have been researching what you already have.
If you had mentioned you had the MC (Marriage Cert.) & given the details from it, no-one would need to look for it but they would do as Maureen done, looked closer at the details from it to find further clues.

So, in theory, after all the double posts (info. already found or held by another) but being looked up by another, that info. has just gone full circle back to what you already knew/had.

Knowing all that info. from the outset would have saved time/effort & moved on rather than going round in a circle ending back at the start.

Annie

I saved a marriage certificate in my tree, that I am unsure is even for my great-grandmother, and now being blamed for not disclosing it as fact.

I simply came, as a newbie, asking to find information about my great-grandmother. Gave all the background I thought, but apparently not enough. Was referred to another thread, didn't realize I should mention the first thread. God eye rolls and disparaging comments between others about me, making me feel crappy, and now I'll leave.

Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 14 September 17 21:50 BST (UK) »
Dear Sara,

No need to leave - think we can all move on and hopefully piece together some of this intriguing puzzle.

Regards
Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 14 September 17 22:28 BST (UK) »
I agree, there's definitely no need to leave, I'd rather you found what you set out to find with help on here!  ;)

The story is just beginning to unfold with some interesting finds which need explored further!

Annie