Author Topic: SEYMOUR East Hendred/Reading  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SEYMOUR East Hendred/Reading
« on: Thursday 14 September 17 07:42 BST (UK) »
The family of Richard SEYMOUR and Eleanour nee COX lived in East Hendred in the 1700s.  Later, their son Richard SEYMOUR (who married Elizabeth nee SEYMOUR) was a harness maker in Castle Street, Reading.  This is a general enquiry to see if any readers of this post are connected with this family and, if so, to make contact please.  At least three children of Richard and Elizabeth ended up in Australia and there is a hint through DNA that others may have ended up in the United States.  Other names connected to the family are THURLOW, MEADOWCROFT, TYLER, GILES, ADAMS and INGERFIELD - possibly other names not yet identified.  Thank you.  Jennifer

Offline Martin seymour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: SEYMOUR East Hendred/Reading
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 September 21 00:24 BST (UK) »
Hi jaznjjj I'm a Seymour researching myself I'm not sure if I'm the same line your looking for but I notice I also have Cox, Tyler,Giles and adams I know my grt grandad was married to a Jowett and from Yorkshire.

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 September 21 01:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin, As you have Seymour, Tyler, Giles and Cox as names in your research I think it is very  likely there is a connection.  Have not seen the names Adams and Jowett but they may be in the mix somewhere.  I will have to dust off the file and see what I can find. I have not explored the UK Seymours very far back so this might be the impetus needed to have a deeper look.  It would be so good to find you are another cousin!  Can you leave it with me for a while please.  Contact me again in another week if you haven't heard from me.  We are in lockdown at present and grandchildren are here doing online learning so there is some limitation on my free time (but very keen to see what our connection is, Martin!)  Are you able to let me know names and relationships as far back as you have gone please? 
My line of descent goes like this:
Richard Seymour/Eleanour nee Cox
Their son Richard Seymour/Elizabeth nee Seymour
Their son George Seymour/Mary nee Steward (married in the colony of New South Wales in 1825)
Kind regards, Jennifer

Offline Martin seymour

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 September 21 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer thank you for the quick respnse. I'm doing my tree again as my butterfield side.keep messing me up but for the Seymour's there is me firstly then my dad Brian Seymour 1945-1978 from bradford, then there was a Robert seymour 1906-1953 ( married to Gladys butterfield) then there was a Charles Seymour 1877-1932 bradford, ( married to a Kate jowett ), John Seymour 1837 huddersfield ( married to a Ellen atack ) George Seymour 1791-1876 thirsk, yorkshire ( married to a Sarah Hall ) Thomas Seymour 1746-1816 thirsk ( married to a Anne warmesley ) Thomas Seymour 1722 thirsk ( married to Jane clitheroe ) Peter Seymour 1863-1760 Thirsk ( married to Elisabeth archer) I'm not saying that's 100% as I've seen it where it looks spot on and I've had to delete I have all surnames apart from clitheroe in my dna results but if you have done your dna then send me message and will give you my gedmatch to check. Hope it helps out as I know a lot of my matches seem to be within the states.

Offline Jaznjjj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 September 21 08:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin, I have sent you a PM so that we can get onto email communication, particularly so that my daughter, Caroline, can contribute.  She is the DNA guru in our family while I look after the paper trail.     If you prefer not to use email, that is ok, just a bit clunkier on Rootschat with three of us.  Jennifer