Author Topic: Looking for Rose Peck and/or descendants  (Read 16551 times)

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Rose Peck and/or descendants
« Reply #153 on: Sunday 17 December 17 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody,

Well, this is one story that doesn't want to reveal all its secrets at once..!  ;)

A couple of days ago, I spoke at length with Rose's granddaughter (let's call her GD). We had a lovely long chat and she is really very, very happy (and grateful!) that we persisted in our search. She adored her grandparents and is very happy to share her memories of them.

What came out in our conversation, however, extends the story by another chapter. Some of you may remember that waaay back, someone found a (census?) reference (I really must go back through everything and find it again! Sorry...) which indicated that Rose & Victor might possibly have had another child in addition to their son.

Well...this is true! GD told me that her grandparents adopted a little girl (let's call her AD) - and that this lady is still alive! Not only that, but she remembers the time with the Germans and that she would love to talk to me about it! AD is also sure that she has photos from that time! But she is not sure at the mo where they are. She wants to look for them, though.

So sometime soon I will give her a call (I have all her details). I am really looking forward to the call! Just need to find the time - things have been a bit manic recently.

But just imagine...it could be that there are photos of Emil and/or Gustav from their time(s) in England! Fingers crossed!

Once I have spoken to AD, I'll let you know!  :D

Best regards,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Sunday 17 December 17 16:20 GMT (UK) »
It's a wonderful story and I'm so pleased the family has been found for Birgit she must be very happy, if you hadn't started the quest she'd have never have found them.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Monday 18 December 17 18:44 GMT (UK) »
Well well how fantastic. Pictures too for Brigit. I am so pleased for everyone involved - now adding AD to the list. Shows the powers of perseverance & rootschat.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Thursday 21 December 17 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody,

I spoke to AD last night! She is lovely. We had a long, interesting and funny conversation.

AD was only 3 years old when Emil returned to Germany, so she doesn't remember him. She does, however, remember Gustav.

Also, she definitely has some photos from that time, passed on to her by her parents (who were, she says, the best parents you could wish to have!). She is going to go through them and see which ones are relevant.

So the suspense continues and the story keeps evolving...  :)

I'll be back.  ;)

Have a great Christmas!
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: Saturday 23 December 17 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Happy Christmas to All of You.