Author Topic: Looking for Rose Peck and/or descendants  (Read 16609 times)

Offline Rattus

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Rose Peck and/or descendants
« Reply #135 on: Monday 13 November 17 20:38 GMT (UK) »
This is excellent news. I was certain that this one would eventually be solved, but less sure it would be any time soon. Looking forward to hearing more when you're able to share.
BARTRAM - Nottingham, Derby, originally Beds (Stagsden)
PERFETT - St Pancras & Marylebone, Rugby, Nottingham
RADFORD - Nottinghamshire, also back & forth to Bury
RUDD - Durham, Margate, Bermondsey, Newcastle, Nottingham

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Monday 13 November 17 21:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen, this is one of those threads that has had me hooked!  I can't wait to hear what you have discovered, and those who have contributed to your thread will be so excited to hear the news.  Try not to keep us waiting too long  ;D
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Monday 13 November 17 21:41 GMT (UK) »
You deserve to have found your answer.You have followed every single lead immediately and assiduously while being generous in your thanks to everyone who helped.

Regards
Roger

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Monday 13 November 17 22:04 GMT (UK) »
On tenterhooks here in Yorkshire.... ;D.

I agree with Roger, your determination and the way we rootschat terriers stick to a challenge till there's nothing left to find out will I am sure help Birgit to be a happy woman even if it is only to identify the farm & get some pictures of it. 

Will be away myself from Friday till next Tuesday but will be able to read your posts.

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello everybody,

I really don't think I deserve all this praise!

I am so very grateful to everybody who has helped. I would never have got this far on my own.

Behind the scenes, the help is still in full flow! I have received masses of information again today and am sorting it all out so that I have a better overview. Once we get back home at the end of the week, I hope to start making some phone calls...

Please don't be disappointed if I don't say too much at the moment - I am really NOT trying to build up the excitement! - but I would love to get just a little bit further before I tell you what has happened.

Suffice to say: It looks as though I may well be able to get in touch in with Rose's grandchildren and great-grandchildren! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

As soon as I have something concrete in that direction, I'll let you all know!

Thanks again,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen, you really do deserve the praise people have given.  We have seen so many threads here where the poster has not followed up positive leads found by Rootschatters, whereas you have chased every lead even if it was a long shot, and thanked people which is always appreciated.

I have not been able to help with your thread but, as always, I am amazed at what the Chatters can dig up.

Looking forward to hearing your news  :D
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody,

Sorry to have kept you waiting, but we were away for a week (during which massive progress was made!) and then, just as it looked as though it was all working out, I hit a wall again. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees  ???, and once I had thought about things for a while, I realised where I was going wrong - and rectified things.  :P

You will, I am sure  ;D, be pleased to know that we have traced a number of living relatives of Rose Peck.  :D

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Rose and Victor had a son, George. He passed away in 2012, leaving his wife, his son and daughter, and 3 grandchildren.

I am now in contact with one of George's grandchildren (Rose's great-grandson). He has confirmed that his grandmother, George's wife, is still alive. This is wonderful news and we are hoping that we might be able to speak to her.

I sent Rose's great-grandson a long mail yesterday, with details of our story, and am waiting for his reply.

I will, of course, let you know what happens!

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who helped in our search. At the beginning, we had so little to go on, but that didn't deter you! ScotsAnnie did so much research back then when we didn't know where in England we should be looking. I know she said she thoroughly enjoyed it, but I felt so awful, telling her that all her hard work was in vain.  :( Thanks, Annie!

Then later, when we knew roughly where to look, the help came flooding in. I am particularly grateful to chempat and Gibel for all their hard work behind the scenes, much of which cannot be seen in this thread. You are wonderful!

Now all we need to do is keep our fingers crossed that the living relatives find our story touching and are willing to share whatever they know about Emil and Gustav's time in England. In the meantime, Birgit has started putting together a letter to the family.  :)

Thanks again,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Happy to have been of assistance to you.

Pat.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Like I would think many others I was unable to help but have been following this search with great interest and hope.
Congrats to all who helped out, it's great to see all that hard work end in success.

It's an inspiring story of human kindness at a difficult time and lovely to see the later generations coming together again from of the kindness strangers.