Author Topic: Maggie Cameron - Noble - Smith (Toronto and area)  (Read 13846 times)

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
Maggie Cameron - Noble - Smith (Toronto and area)
« on: Thursday 14 September 17 17:43 BST (UK) »
I'm desperately seeking to find out what happened to my great grandmother (mom's mom's mom), who she was, and any information about my great grandfather father as well.

I have my grandmother's record (attached) stating my grandmother's birth 20 Jul 1911, at St. Michael's hospital in Toronto and name was Edna Daisy Noble (she went by Daisy Edna), and that her parents were Maggie Cameron and Edward Noble married in Scotland 12 Feb 1906.

I know that Maggie had two sons with a man named Smith after my grandmother in 1913 (William) and 1915 (Harold?). By the age of about 7, my grandmother was adopted by Hiram and Sarah Fredenburgh of Pendrith St in Toronto, and the boys grew up in the The Loyal True Blue and Orange Home, and were not re-connected with my grandmother until after the war, when apparently the government offered to connect lost family for those who had none.

William (Uncle Bill) stayed in touch with my Grandmother and died while my mom was pregnant with me. Married to mom's Aunt Rene, I now live in Uncle Bill and Aunt Rene's house!

My grandmother married Harry Swinbourne of Birmingham, and had my mom, Donna and uncle, Michael, and stayed together until her death in Dec 1978.

In the Scotland forum, they've told me that there are no record of marriage between Maggie Cameron and Edward Noble, and I've found no Cameron's or Nobles in my ancestry DNA search. I have done 23&Me DNA as well as Ancestry DNA for myself, mother and father (and cousin on my mom's side!), and have uploaded the info to GEDmatch.

I would appreciate any information on my great-grandparents, and what might be true, not true etc.

Thank you in advance!
Sara Slater
Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Cameron - Noble - Smith (Toronto and area)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I only see 1 marriage for that year +/- 2 yrs which doesn't fit  :-\

NOBLE ERNEST EDWARD
HENDERSON ANNIE T
466/ 13
Clackmannan

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:06 BST (UK) »
Names reversed but this is Daisy Edna Fredenburg in 1921 living Toronto North

Hiram J Fredenburg   43 Sarah Fredenburg   43
William H Fredenburg   22 Daisy E Fredenburg 9  Student.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:09 BST (UK) »
Ancestry tree is showing Edward W Noble born 1886 Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire to Peter and Jane Noble. 1901 census 32 Mid Street 2 Gordon's Court Aberdeenshire.

Peter Noble   61
Jane Noble   59
Francis R M Noble   25
Alice Noble   24
Henry A Noble   21
Edward W Noble   15

Marriage given as 12 February 1906 Fraserburgh Aberdeenshire.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks! Yes, she went as Daisy Edna, and those are her adoptive parents, which I know about. Looking for information on birth parents Maggie & Edward

Names reversed but this is Daisy Edna Fredenburg in 1921 living Toronto North

Hiram J Fredenburg   43 Sarah Fredenburg   43
William H Fredenburg   22 Daisy E Fredenburg 9  Student.

Sandra
Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks! I've seen the tree(s), but no documentation to actually say that Edward and Maggie actually married other than being in a tree. I believed this was my great grandfather, but no documents or DNA relatives to make it so.

Ancestry tree is showing Edward W Noble born 1886 Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire to Peter and Jane Noble. 1901 census 32 Mid Street 2 Gordon's Court Aberdeenshire.

Peter Noble   61
Jane Noble   59
Francis R M Noble   25
Alice Noble   24
Henry A Noble   21
Edward W Noble   15

Marriage given as 12 February 1906 Fraserburgh Aberdeenshire.

Sandra

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:15 BST (UK) »
I'm wondering if they were never married, and that Maggie lied on the birth record?

Hi,

I only see 1 marriage for that year +/- 2 yrs which doesn't fit  :-\

NOBLE ERNEST EDWARD
HENDERSON ANNIE T
466/ 13
Clackmannan

Annie

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:16 BST (UK) »
We have to check all the angles. The posting is for information purposes for those who might join the search so that we do not duplicate each other.

Have you located obituaries for the son William Arthur Smith - 15 December 1913 - Lincoln, Ontario, Canada passed away 19 February 1971 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada ?

Sandra

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 September 17 18:22 BST (UK) »
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"