Author Topic: Maggie Cameron - Noble - Smith (Toronto and area)  (Read 3676 times)

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Cameron - Noble - Smith (Toronto and area)
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you larkspur and bbart.

I am still researching the Cameron side to see if I can find a direct DNA link there, but I did find another strong Cant DNA link, again in Oregon. Larkspur, I'll definitely be in touch about Margaret Cant, 1866.

This is a heavy work week (including upcoming weekend), but my cousin and I are planning a trip after (Canadian) Thanksgiving, to the cemetery together, and to see the houses our mom/dad, grandparents and great grandparents lived.

After I've finished that, I'll have to see if I can figure out my grandma's birth dad. That may be a real long shot.

This has been amazing. Thanks to you all!  :D
Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 03:22 BST (UK) »
My mom took this photo for me, of the newspaper clipping of when my grandmother was reunited with her brother, and other brother there too.

These are all 3 of Maggie’s children born in Toronto
Swinbourne, Hunt, Maxwell, Taylor, Williamson, Burt, Cant, Cameron, Leavesly, Cooper, Rankine, Taylor, Anderson

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
    • larkspur.tribalpages
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday 05 December 17 17:28 GMT (UK) »
"I am still researching the Cameron side to see if I can find a direct DNA link there, but I did find another strong Cant DNA link, again in Oregon. Larkspur, I'll definitely be in touch about Margaret Cant, 1866."
If you would like to send me a PM, with the DNA Cant links, I can check my tree and look - see if they are there. ;) My gt gt grandmother -yet another Margaret Cant. Had a sister Mary- her of the many illegitimate children...one of her sons went to Oregon.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley. Beardall. Mabbott.

Offline saraslater

• RootsChat Extra
  • sk
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Thursday 07 December 17 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks!  I can email PM you soon with the info I have on the DNA Cant links. At least one is the Oregon branch.

Work has been so busy, I can't wait for holiday time to start.

"I am still researching the Cameron side to see if I can find a direct DNA link there, but I did find another strong Cant DNA link, again in Oregon. Larkspur, I'll definitely be in touch about Margaret Cant, 1866."
If you would like to send me a PM, with the DNA Cant links, I can check my tree and look - see if they are there. ;) My gt gt grandmother -yet another Margaret Cant. Had a sister Mary- her of the many illegitimate children...one of her sons went to Oregon.