Author Topic: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 14: #10 Ruby Wax  (Read 14636 times)

Offline Mary8

• --
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: "Who Do You Think You Are", Series 14: #10 Ruby Wax
« Reply #18 on: Friday 15 September 17 17:12 BST (UK) »
her family history might be interesting but just hope they keep her from talking. Just don't get what she is about. When it does eventually get shown, i think i'll wait to watch it with the volume right down and the subtitles on. One women i don't here her dreadful voice. 

Mary :)

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 September 17 19:28 BST (UK) »
I'm glad you guys here have cleared this up - I just sat down to watch the Ruby Wax episode, as I have WDYTYA on series-record via my Sky box, only to find it wasn't recorded. :-/

Oh well, I thought, I'll catch it on iPlayer - only to find that the latest available episode was last week's Lisa Hammond. :-(

I do wish the Beeb would stick to their plans of showing a series instead of this ad hoc arrangement - I can't imagine they'd do the same with Eastenders as the viewers would be flooding the switchboard with angry calls.

Hopefully my Skybox will pick up the errant episode when/if it is shown.

Ho (and indeed) hum!  :-/

Stoney
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 16 September 17 19:38 BST (UK) »
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 17 September 17 07:59 BST (UK) »

I do wish the Beeb would stick to their plans of showing a series instead of this ad hoc arrangement - I can't imagine they'd do the same with Eastenders as the viewers would be flooding the switchboard with angry calls.  Stoney

It is frustrating when the Beeb suddenly change the schedule, but I guess one of the reasons WDYTYA gets targeted is the very fact that the switchboard WON'T get flooded with angry calls.  :'(
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Anne Lothian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 09:41 BST (UK) »
I wonder if the 2 programmes about the disabled travellers in Vietnam have been slotted in  to the schedule now  to promote the Invictus Games, for injured servicemen, which start on Saturday, 23rd September, in Toronto. The BBC will be televising it and maybe thought these programmes would encourage viewers to watch the Games, too.    Possible?   

Unfortunately (or fortunately), we don't know how the minds of producers and schedulers work, but this seems chaotic!

Look forward to the Ruby Wax programme at some point in the future!

A

Offline plimmerian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 13:06 BST (UK) »
Week in week out been waiting to see this episode and couldn't find any where to tell me why it wasn't being shown or when it would be shown - shame on your BBC ! If something like "The Great British Bake Off" had been handled like this, then there would be outrage!

Livid our beloved series is treated like a "third class" (other terms available) citizen!

Thank you for clarifying this situation!

(steam)

Offline Tom Huygens

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 15:56 BST (UK) »
Weirdly enough, IMDB seems to have September 14th as original air date. So at one point it was indeed planned then...

Offline martinu

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 22:32 BST (UK) »
Weirdly enough, IMDB seems to have September 14th as original air date. So at one point it was indeed planned then...
That's my fault. I naively thought that every episode was going to be broadcast on the Thursday after the previous one, so when Lisa Hammond's episode was announced for 7 September I deduced that her episode was 9 of 10 and that Ruby Wax's would be 10 of 10 on 14 September. But we should remember that this is the BBC we are talking about, and so anything can happen ;-)

I've just changed the date to "2017", and then I'll fill in the full date once it is announced. If I'm feeling really pessimistic I might wait until I see that it really has gone out on the announced date. Tonight's change might be visible on IMDB by tomorrow evening's site update.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 21 September 17 15:30 BST (UK) »
Now due to be shown on 4th October; just had an email from WDYTYA magazine.
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk