Author Topic: Alexander Gordon Brown. He would have been my uncle  (Read 1711 times)

Offline CELIA BUCHANAN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Seeking BC for Agnes Forsyth Brown died March 1931
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Gordon Brown. He would have been my uncle
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 December 17 03:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I came across your post while doing research into my Grandmother, Agnes Brown. She died in 1931 aged 20 from TB 48 days after giving birth to my Father. William Buchanan.

On her death certificate, her mother is listed as Margaret MacKail Brown later married John Caughey. My grandmother's father's name is listed as James Brown. I actually think this was her Grandfather William James Maxwell Brown, but I can't be sure until I see her birth cert.

Margaret married John Caughy as a Spinster so I assume my Grandmother was also illegitimate if M. M. Brown is actually her mother.

I have been able to go back 3 generations from Margaret M Brown to Alexander Brown in the mid-1700s. When I researched Margaret on the 1911 Census I saw she had a son named Alex Gordon Brown who was illegitimate, born in 1902.

John Caughey and Margaret had at least one child named John. If this M M Brown is, in fact, my G/Grandmother then your "uncle" was related to me through her.

I have not been able to find my Grandmothers birth certificate to date. Until I find that I can't corroborate her mother's name that's on her death cert.

If you'd like to communicate about this further let me know. I have a researched a fair amount on the Brown family.

Regards Celia

My email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Looking for the birth certificate or living relatives of Agnes Forsyth Brown my GM. Married to William Buchanan died March 1931 in Robryoston Hospital Glasgow. Age 20 of TB.

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 December 17 05:45 GMT (UK) »
The California death index, gives a date of birth for Alexander Gordon Brown as 12 September 1902.
died 15 March 1959.

The citizenship papers in Texas give a birth date of 17 March 1902.

I think they are two different people.

Offline CELIA BUCHANAN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Seeking BC for Agnes Forsyth Brown died March 1931
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 December 17 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I'd like to find more about the CA A G Brown. I'll look into that.

Thanks and good luck with your search.
Looking for the birth certificate or living relatives of Agnes Forsyth Brown my GM. Married to William Buchanan died March 1931 in Robryoston Hospital Glasgow. Age 20 of TB.