Author Topic: Newtown linford Leicester and Lewis Anderson markfield .h  (Read 570 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newtown linford Leicester and Lewis Anderson markfield .h
« on: Friday 15 September 17 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi guys
I have found my connection to Newtown linford Leicestershire.
It's my aunts husbands nephew Hugh Anderson he married a florrie Harrison (b) 1911 Newtown linford ,they had a Brian and janet .also there's a postman who is based at markfield post office he told me about is grandmother and grandfather coming from there also their name was crooks .so I got my book out called memories of Newton linford ,and bradgate  house .james crooks was the paternal grandfather of Aj Harrison on page four there's a family tree of the Harrison tribe .florrie Harrison was born 1911 in lilac cottage  (later Anderson) the cottage was a one room upstairs and another room plus kitchen downstairs .when she was five the family moved across the road,to a larger cottage two up two down .there is also a Malcolm brewin farmer his grandad was a geary related to mums Elizabeth geary who married Charles cooper born 1800 barlestone they lived at Stoke he's farm in 1851 then moved to Elliott's lane markfield,her father was John geary he married Alice frost markfield lane were I live now her father worked at bradgate house as steward with his father Robert frost doing the same job .the geary family came from bradgate park village ,that was moved to make way for the resvoir at the top end .they were moved up to field head markeild then moved around ,John geary moved to Stanton under bardon .were he married Alice frost .
Steve