Author Topic: How are you finding the Beta version of Findagrave?  (Read 481 times)

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
How are you finding the Beta version of Findagrave?
« on: Friday 15 September 17 22:28 BST (UK) »
Maybe I'm too used to the old version but it seems harder to find people, and less information appears on the list of search results.

I was adding several photos yesterday.  I was looking for my grandmother's cousins headstone and I took photos as I wandered around.  (I didn't find her grave - I have looked before and now after a more thorough search I am fairly certain she doesn't have a headstone).  I also had a list of requests from Findagrave with me and I found three of the headstones.

The cemetery was looking lovely so I took as many photos as possible until the battery light started to flash at me.  Clear blue sky, freshly mown green grass (the gardeners were there at the same time) and a few wildflower.  Mid-summer the photos often look very washed out and overcast days don't give good definition. 

One function that the beta version appears to lack is the ability to look at say Mary Hogan's memorial and then select "search for all Hogans in this cemetery", and "search for all Hogans in the district" etc.  When you're uploading details of a family plot (and the names are already in the database) it is very handy.

Has anyone noticed anything the beta version does better than the correct version?

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
Re: How are you finding the Beta version of Findagrave?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 September 17 17:46 BST (UK) »
They appear to have done a Microsoft: change for the sake of change, no obvious improvements but several things that are worse.

I hope everybody clicks on 'Feedback' at bottom right and tells them so.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds