Author Topic: Index to Death Duty Registers  (Read 2484 times)

Offline ejowynne

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Index to Death Duty Registers
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 17 September 17 21:19 BST (UK) »
James buried his son at Bishopwearmouth and was described at the time as 'James Young of Panns ' James siblings were all baptised at the Corn Market Chapel ( as were  3 of his own children) The only one of James siblings that I have briefly researched - George- he and his descendants stayed in Sunderland. Bentley has the easiest records to find of James' children and he and his descendants stayed in Sunderland for at least one more generation. I guess I was naive but I was thinking they were that kind of family -i.e. staying in the same area and with James Young being a common name I wanted to restrict my search.   I'm going to give  Christiana the credit for a more adventurous outlook. After all she was the only one of her siblings to leave the North Yorkshire moors, she gave birth to  Bentley at Stockton. She would have known before she died that it was most likely her daughter, Sarah,  and 3 grand-daughters would set sail for the other side of the world.

I am really grateful for your research and amazed at how quick and easy you have made it look.
I am now deep into finding out about the Groat Market it is very interesting.
Thank you  both - JenB and Gadget.     Jo