Author Topic: A Beautiful Stained Glass Window  (Read 1159 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
A Beautiful Stained Glass Window
« on: Saturday 16 September 17 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I thought you might to see a photo I took of the beautiful stained glass window at St Oswald's Church in Durham recently.

I went on an outing to Durham with a friend over the summer on what I term as one of my 'walking in the steps of my ancestor trips'.  The photo came out a bit dark but I like it as this highlights the  beautiful jewel-like effect of the window.

It was a great day out and we visited the Half Moon Inn in New Elvet where my Great x 2 Grandfather, Edward Senior, used to be the proprietor in the 1850s.  We also visited St Oswalds where he is buried. (No headstone)

Have any of you made any trips to walk in the steps of your ancestors'?
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: A Beautiful Stained Glass Window
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 September 17 11:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry, everyone - I can't get the photo to upload I keeping getting an error message saying that the file already exists and I need to rename but I don't know how to do this!! Oh dear!! ::)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 September 17 11:09 BST (UK) »
Sorry, can't see it  :-\

Have any of you made any trips to walk in the steps of your investor's?

I think some auto-correction has gone on there  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 September 17 11:19 BST (UK) »
Ha ha - yes you are right Jen.  This is me not paying attention to auto correction before posting.  I have now corrected my first post.

I will never forget a time when I posted a death notice with the information that there would be 'internet at Gateshead Cemetery'. ::) ;)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 September 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
Sorry, everyone - I can't get the photo to upload I keeping getting an error message saying that the file already exists and I need to rename but I don't know how to do this!! Oh dear!! ::)

Right click on the photo and you will get the option to rename. I find the best way is to give it todays date i.e. 16092017

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 16 September 17 11:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jen B and Stan for both offering advice on how to get my photo added.  Unfortunately, I am using a Kindle Fire today so can't right click. :-\

I will be able to get on a computer next week.  Unfortunately, I think I will now have to wait until then to upload photo which is on my Kindle.  Or might there be another method?

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 14:31 BST (UK) »
Right clicking doesn't seem to be working for me to rename the photo and be able to display this.

I have now got this up on a computer and have taken a photo of the photo.  I hope this will show now I should have a different jpeg😄!

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 16:16 BST (UK) »
I will never forget a time when I posted a death notice with the information that there would be 'internet at Gateshead Cemetery'. ::) ;)

One way to communicate with the dead I suppose, probably quicker than a seance.  ;D ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 21 September 17 09:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your post Groom. :)

If only we could contact them by internet! ;). How much easier it would be to get all those brick wall questions resolved.

I am sure I will not be the only one who would like to contact Gen List Lass's ancestors to ask where they are buried. ;) :)  (See her post in the Common room about how fast a hearse would go in 1901).