Author Topic: Douglas L. Laurenson b. 1919 in Essex, England d. 1961  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Lauraine

• RootsChat Senior
  • Due to health issues can no longer look at graves.
    • View Profile
Re: Douglas L. Laurenson b. 1919 in Essex, England d. 1961
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 September 17 21:06 BST (UK) »
Sorry should have been Skoosh!!
Researching Smith from Shetland, Herd from Arboath, Whittier, Combs from England & Wales plus Albrecht (Albright), Carkner (Kirchner) & Syrnyk (Syrnick) from Prussia. Laurenson in South Africa

Offline jimcon24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 February 18 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Am hoping someone can find the death of this man or at least something on him.  His mother was a Barbara Laurenson who married a Captain George Laurenson in Shetland.  Both had the name of Laurenson.  They did move to Essex and he also had a son called George Laurenson who was also a Captain who died  few years after his father.

Anyone help me out?  Am also looking for a photograph of his parents. ???
Hi,

Captain George Laurenson and Barbara Laurenson are my great grandparents.  I could probably get you a picture. My grandmother was Ruby Barbara Laurenson, sister of Douglas Laurenson.

James

Offline jimcon24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 February 18 21:27 GMT (UK) »
First of all both George Laurensons were captains of ships. (I think).  George & Barbara had a son they called George William Laurenson who died in 1956.  I did know about the two sisters (think there were a couple more?) but maybe born in Shetland? 

I did not know about George William marrying his brother's wife but will make a note of it.  Thank you so much. 

Any idea where I might find a picture of any of them?

My great Grandfather Captain George Laurenson senior was a captain of ships.  My mother has postcards he sent from various places around the world.  He was decorated with an MBE. The medal and certificate from the then king are still in the family.  My mother is going to have a look for photos.

Offline jimcon24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:12 GMT (UK) »
Captain George Laurenson MBE (sitting left) Page 17 on the PDF file link below.

https://www.shetlandwellington.org.nz/uploads/90524/files/Burrafirth_OCR_version_18_Nov_2012_3_COMP2WithCover.pdf