Author Topic: Looking for Margaret Thomas from Coventry  (Read 6282 times)

Offline Gloria Mann (Nee Blackford)

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Margaret Thomas from Coventry
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 23 September 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
Oh what a tangled web we weave...... Thanks Chris, I think I am going to have to wait for a couple of weeks and see what the marriage certificate of my grandmother Margaret and John actually says about her mother and father.  It would seem to be the best way to confirm things.  I remain in hope of finding them and settling the mystery.

Thank you for all your hard work.
Gloria

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Father - swiving then vanishing since 1750
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 24 September 17 18:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Gloria. The marriage cert should only give the father - plus his occupation, which helps, but if that points to the birth we expect, that cert will also give the mother.
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline CovKids

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I am Sue daughter of Annie/Nancy and Tom. I found your post after checking a birth certificate amongst my late mothers papers. Her sister was Margaret Blackford and she had brothers Jack, Len and Bert.Thomas. I see you are looking for Margaret Thomas. Have you found details?

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Gloria who's your presumed relative and who was going to send for certs hasn't been online since late September. If she doesn't respond I'll try messaging her (you can't until you've made 3 posts)

Chris
Skelcey (Skelsey Skelcy Skeley Shelsey Kelcy Skelcher) - Warks, Yorks, Lancs <br />Hancox - Warks<br />Green - Warks<br />Draper - Warks<br />Lynes - Warks<br />Hudson - Warks<br />Morris - Denbs Mont Salop <br />Davies - Cheshire, North Wales<br />Fellowes - Cheshire, Denbighshire<br />Owens - Cheshire/North Wales<br />Hicks - Cornwall<br />Lloyd and Jones (Mont)<br />Rhys/Rees (Mont)

Offline CovKids

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Chris. I only vaguely remember Gloria as I was very young when we met. She does have all the correct details though. We used to visit Margaret regularly and I always referred to her as Auntie Doll.

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 23 November 17 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue, I've sent a private message to Gloria as she hasn't replied to your posts - probably not seen them.

Chris

Offline CovKids

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 23 November 17 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Chris. Gave me quite a surprise seeing all the details she has. i found Eliza Bosworth Hodges birth certificate amongst my mums papers. If Gloria does respond this could all be quite interesting.     Sue.

Offline karen59h

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 27 November 17 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue,  I am Karen, Gloria's sister, I can remember you when you came to visit.  Gloria is a bit preoccupied at present as she is in Belize awaiting the birth of a grandchild but will respond when she gets chance.  We have done quite a lot of work on our family tree but are struggling a bit with the Thomas/Hodges side.

Offline chris_49

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 28 November 17 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Karen.

I think a crucial piece of evidence is Sue's mum's copy of Eliza Bosworth Hodges' birth certificate. That means it must be her - why else would she have it?

(Unless a family historian's mistake, we all have those, but if it's an older copy it must be right. My certs from my mum's papers are much more timeworn than any I've ordered, even ones I've had for years).