Author Topic: Rebecca Good - Ahinagh (Aghinagh) Cork - Looking for Birth Record b. ~1827-1832  (Read 4653 times)

Offline Caroline NJ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rebecca Good - Ahinagh (Aghinagh) Cork - Looking for Birth Record b. ~1827-1832
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 September 17 02:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann,

Unfortunately, no records exist for Ahinagh Parish (where Rebecca's immediate family lived) or for Aglish (where her husband William Harold's family hailed from).  According to the RCB list of parish registers, both of these parishes are color-coded grey which means the records were destroyed in 1922 and no copies were kept elsewhere.  Not looking too good for delving farther back into these two branches of the family tree.

I am not giving up yet, though and will continue with other avenues!

Offline Caroline NJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Rebecca Good - Ahinagh (Aghinagh) Cork - Looking for Birth Record b. ~1827-1832
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 21 September 17 02:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Aghadowey,

Thank you for your advice concerning Rebecca Good's marriage certificate.  I might go ahead and order a copy of it to see what Parish she was married in.  Hopefully, once I have the Parish, I can find out the name of the church she was married in.  The names of the sponsors and other clues might be provided as well.

If you would happen to know the names of the Church of Ireland churches that served the parishes of Macroom and Ahinagh during the 1850s and could let me know, that would be great!

Thanks again for all your help!

Caroline NJ

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 21 September 17 08:00 BST (UK) »
The marriage certificate will list where the marriage took place.

See here for ordering 'research copy'-
http://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2015/07/new-combined-application-form-for-gro.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Caroline NJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 21 September 17 18:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Aghadowey!

Offline MBDC1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 07:02 BST (UK) »
Just wondering how you have progressed with your Good ancestry?

I have a Peter Good b. 1811, Macroom. Married Alice Good and immigrated to Tasmania in 1838. There is a possibility that his parents were William & Rebecca Good of Ahinagh.
Peter had the following brothers and sisters (confirmed); Samuel (1824-1858), school master at Pembrokeshire; Francis (1802-1861), Governor Smithfield Prison; Catherine (Kate) (1830-1907) governess, unmarried; Rebecca (1817), unknown and possibly James b. 1816 who also immigrated to Tasmania but I not sure if he is related to Peter or Alice.

They were all educated and William (their father) may have been a Customs Officer/Clerk.

James Good m. Mary Anne Saunders and their 4 children were born in Ireland - Susannah 1842, Matilda 1850, Rebecca Banfield 1851 & Samuel Saunders in 1854.

Peter Good's children were William b. 1834 and Mary 1837 in Ireland; and then John, Catherine, Alice, Samuel, Peter & Rachael in Tasmania.

Do any of these names ring any bells?