Author Topic: Thomas Clapham - born about 1752.  (Read 632 times)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Clapham - born about 1752.
« on: Tuesday 19 September 17 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hello There,

The above person was one of my 5x Great Grandad's.
He married Phoebe Key, in Hackthorn on the 19th of March 1780. According to the parish register I saw on Find My Past: "Lincolnshire Marriages Image", they were married by Licence. Phoebe Key was baptised in 1757 in Hackthorn, the Daughter of a John and a Phoebe. I'm not sure why they were married by Licence. The original image on Find My Past says they were: "Both of this parish".

Their first child, Mary, was baptised in Welton on the 13th of May 1781.
Then from 1783-1798, they had six more children who were all baptised in Hackthorn.

Thomas Clapham was buried on the 11th of December 1837, in Hackthorn. According to the: "National Burial Index For England And Wales Transcription", on Find My Past, the age at death for Thomas, has been put down as 85. This would give his birth year around 1752.

But I can't seem to find a baptism for Thomas around those years:
A Thomas Clapham was baptised on the 10th of March 1752 in Whitton. He was buried on the 7th of April 1754 in Whitton.
There was a Thomas Clapham baptised in Horncastle, on the 24th of April 1754, the son of an Edward/Edmond and an Ann. There was a Thomas Clapham buried in Horncastle on the 12th of May 1762, but the transcription gives no more details.

If anyone can give any information regarding a baptism for Thomas Clapham, or any other information relating to the above, it would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you very much.  :) ;)