Author Topic: Llewellyn Richards  (Read 810 times)

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Llewellyn Richards
« on: Wednesday 20 September 17 08:11 BST (UK) »
Llewellyn Richards was the son of Charles Henry Richards and Jane Eliza Woolley.
Llewellyn was born 14th July 1900 . He married Esther Eliza Lawrence in 1920 at Burwood.
Llewellyn died on 14th June 1971 at age 70yrs.
Llewellyn had a sister Ruby Ellen Richards who married Leslie Speechley in 1917 at Balmain. Their younger sister Dorothy died in 1923 at age 20 yrs. There were two other brothers Percy and Alfred (Arthur). Percy married Margaret Shaw in 1920 at Canterbury. Arthur died in 1941 aged 45 yrs.
I would like to know if anyone knows anything about this family such as Jane Eliza Woolley being born in Orange NSW. I cannot find a birth record for Jane who would have been born abt 1870.
Her death certificate is in the name of Jane Richards, can I guarantee that the information on the death certificate is correct when the Australian cemeteries index information isn't completely correct.
Look forward to a reply to help solve this puzzle.
Kind regards
Allison 😊

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llewellyn Richards
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 10:43 BST (UK) »
To save duplicate searching
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=778597.0

No one can guarantee information on a death certificate is correct.  Information is only as good as the knowledge of the informant.  I don't know why you keep quoting the Australian Cemeteries Index....the same applies to headstones...especially if they have been erected many years after the events.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Cando,
My apologies for my ignorance at mentioning the Australian cemeteries index and headstones as my sources for information. I am simply a very amateur researcher who doesn't know the first thing about where I should get my information from. You have just made me realise that my research may be a complete waste of time. I guess I have come to the end of my road unless someone out there can give me some hints on where to get the right information.
Allison

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 12:31 BST (UK) »
Allison no need for any apologies.  The linked thread had explained and advised you what to do.  You have started a new thread asking the same information.

There are a number of public trees on Ancestry so others are researching the family of William Philip WOOLLEY and Eliza THEABOLD.

I don't wish to repeat information that has already been posted on the linked thread.

I find it most unsatisfactory to research from cemetery indexes.  Please read your earlier thread which I have linked.

I cannot find a birth c1870 at Orange for a WOOLLEY.  It wouldn't be the first time that a bride or mother has given their incorrect place of birth when often it may have been the place they was raised or remembers living as a child.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 13:06 BST (UK) »
Good Advice from Cando. 

On other thread there's good advice from Dundee re a suitable gap for a 1870 birth for this lass to slot in. 

On the other thread I mention the 1902 electoral roll for Jane Eliza Richards and for Charles Henry Richards among others by that surname.   They are not showing at the same street as each other, but there's another interesting possible co-incidence you may want to follow up .... there's also a Patience Eliza Richards in same street as Jane Eliza Richards.   

I am wondering if this thread should be merged with the earlier one, to keep things together?  If Allison thinks it will help, then perhaps she could use the 'Report to Moderator' button and ask for the merge.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 15:35 BST (UK) »
Marriage for those at Baker St:

2129/1888 RICHARDS Frederick to CURTIN Patience BURWOOD

2129/1888 RICHARDS Frederick to DURBIN Patience BURWOOD

Jamjar

Added: I can't see a connection.
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Allison Terry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 September 17 22:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you all. I appreciate your advice and will steer clear of my previous sources. I thought it may be possible for Jane Richards to still be a child of William and Eliza Woolley as there is a gap between Walter T Woolley born in 1868 and Thomas Woolley born 1872.
The links and information you all have shared with me has been very useful so I am hoping that I will finally piece the puzzle together.
Kind regards
Allison 😊