Author Topic: Ernest Taylor where did he go to school  (Read 130 times)

Offline ellvera

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Ernest Taylor where did he go to school
« on: Wednesday 20 September 17 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi there
Would it be possible to have a lookup for any school records for an Ernest James Taylor who gives his place of birth as Woodville and date of birth 11/3/1885 on his Army Enlistment papers where he enrolled as Ernest James Wilson,an alias.

His Police mugshot also gives his place of birth as Woodville - probably the only truth he told in his adult life!

I have no idea where he went to school.On his Army record he gives his next of kin as his mother, Ellen Wilson of Inglewood ,but this is fiction.

I'm hoping to find the names of either of his parents.

There is another Ernest James Taylor of about the same age whose parents are James and Ellen Taylor,but I know this is not the same person.

Normally I would look at the NZSG CD at the library ,but Hamilton Library has been closed since the earthquake in November and the council are still making up their minds about the cost of making it quake proof. Meanwhile the Heritage collection is not available.

I can't remember what years the records start from - they have also removed the collection from the online catalogue.To quell a riot,I imagine.

Otherwise,would I need to contact Archives for this information?.

Thanks
Barbara

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.