Author Topic: Look up please Armagh or Newry..dependant on his mood.  (Read 287 times)

Offline tresario

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Look up please Armagh or Newry..dependant on his mood.
« on: Thursday 21 September 17 06:12 BST (UK) »
Please can you help with another McGuinness match.

A seaman John McGuinness born in either Newry or Armagh any 1875 to 1947 Liverpool. I have lots of ships records and he seems to change dob and place of birth.
I think his parents are John mcguinness and Catherine Cavanagh?
I dont have any certificates.
He marries Georgina Plummer in 1900. One of their children Catherine 1917-2005 child is the DNA match.

I am looking for confirmation of date and place of birth and his parents please.

This will then draw together my North/South McGuInness conundrum.Plummers married Cusacks from Meath.
Appreciate the help Thank you.
Breen,keenan,Boylan
Caldwell,Thompson,Bell.
Bradshaw,Smith,Waldron

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look up please Armagh or Newry..dependant on his mood.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 September 17 08:10 BST (UK) »
He marries Georgina Plummer in 1900.
Marriage was in Liverpool, England- English marriage certificate have same detail as Irish ones so should list father's name.

A seaman John McGuinness born in either Newry or Armagh any 1875 to 1947 Liverpool. I have lots of ships records and he seems to change dob and place of birth.
I think his parents are John mcguinness and Catherine Cavanagh?

You can search Irish births here to view birth certificate (free)-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.