Author Topic: Email-Topics?  (Read 7242 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Email-Topics?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 September 17 15:14 BST (UK) »
I was referring to the fact that unless you're a member and logged in, you can't see or read ToT board topics*. I've just tried it and sent a link to a ToT topic to myself while I've been logged off and it asks me to log in,

You have always been able to do a 'print page' or what you have done (i.e. a copy) and send it via e-mail. 

Not sure why yoy would want to use 'Send Topic' really. I've managed without it for getting on for 12 years  ;D

* as my previous posts indicates, that seems to be the only board that you can send a link to at the moment.

I've "sent topics" two or three times in the past.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 23 September 17 15:17 BST (UK) »
I've "sent topics" two or three times in the past.

Alternatively simply send a 'link' to the topic in question. Just as easy  :)
(Apart from ToT, for which, as Gadget has said, you must be a logged in member to see.)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 23 September 17 15:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Jennifer. I think Russell didn't understand that I was referring to the ToT board.

:)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 24 September 17 12:58 BST (UK) »
I've sent topics to people a few times - until the facility disappeared! - and told them how to find it to look at etc, if it's something that I think interests them.
The people concerned have had no problems reading the topics even though not RC members.

At least one of them thought it all looked so good she said she would join  :)  :)  :)

Dawn M

Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)