Poll

James, son of James, was baptized 2 APR 1841 age 49 days certified by Officiating Minister of Old Presbyterian Congregation, Antrim. On 15 FEB 1838 James Porter, Ruling Leader in the REformed Presbyterian Congregation of Ballylone married Rachel, youngest

Please post for others to read and respond
0 (0%)
Offfer suggestions how I can further my research
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Parents of James Porter born 12 FEB 1841 townland of Corbally, Parish Killead,  (Read 1512 times)

Offline LeonardRileyIII

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James, son of James Porter, Gent, was baptized 2 APR 1841, age 49 days, according to Register of Baptisms of Rev. James M. Ferran, Officiating Minister of the Old Presbyterian Congregation of Antrim.
     On 15 FEB 1838 James Porter, Ruling Leader in the Reformed Presbyterian Congregation of Ballylone, married Rachel, youngest daughter of D. Alexander, Donohora. Could this James and Rachel be parents of James  baptized 2 APR, born 12 FEB 1841 in Corbally, Parish of Killead, Co. Antrim?

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of James Porter born 12 FEB 1841 townland of Corbally, Parish Killead,
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 September 17 14:15 BST (UK) »
Trying a different tack;
1823-1837 Tithes Applotment Books http://www.irishgenealogyhub.com/antrim/tithe-applotments/killead-parish.php#.Wc4-FkyZP9M The relevant original books are in the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI) BelfastAlexander, Arthur   Townland: Ballymather Year: 1827  The record is often a one liner sometimes with a map.
Alexander, William   Townland: Ballymather Year: 1827
Porter, John      Townland: Ballyrobin Year: 1827
Porter, James, Jr.   Townland: Boltnaconnell Year: 1827
Porter, James, Sr.   Townland: Boltnaconnell Year: 1827
Porter, William   Townland: Boltnaconnell Year: 1827
Porter, James      Townland: Lisnataylor Year: 1827
Porter, William   Townland: Lisnataylor Year: 1827 

how does http://forum.antrimhistory.net/index.php?threads/pre-1864-records.930/  fit in
James Porter, Ruling Leader in the Reformed Presbyterian Congregation of Ballylone married Rachel, youngest daughter of D Alexander, Donohora 15 FEB 1838. James Porter, son of James, was baptized by the late Rev. James Carley of Antrim on the 2 day of APR 1841. James was 49 days old, i.e. born 12 FEB 1841. Baptism certified 24 MAY 1865 by James M Ferran, Officiating Minister of the Old Presb't Congregation of Antrim. James was born 12 FEB 1841 in the townland of Corbally, Parish of Killead Co. Antrim which corresponds with the Rev. James M Ferran's Register of Baptism. Leonard W. Riley III  Your good self!

I wondered if James had been born in his mothers birthplace Corbally, rather than where she might be living say Boltnaconnell see above
Corbally last names in 1862 from Griffiths valuation include
BURNS, CAMPBELL, COLEMAN, ENGLISH, FINTON, HAMILTON, HARKNESS, HARPER, MASSEREENE AND FERRARD   VISCOUNT, MCCLEVERTY, MCCONNELL, MCGOVERN, MCILWRATH, MCQUILLAN,, MONTGOMERY, MOORE, REA ,Unoccupied   2 entries, WALSH, WHITESIDE.   
hopefully of interest
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of James Porter born 12 FEB 1841 townland of Corbally, Parish Killead,
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 17 21:54 BST (UK) »
You've done this thread as a poll which makes it difficult to follow but you've already 2 previous topics on the same person (no need to keep starting a new one, just add to ONE existing topic)-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=646710
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=671485 (3 pages long)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline MACSIM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I have just stumbled upon this post, 2 years later!
James and Rachel (Alexander) Porter were my 3rd Gt Grandparents; their eldest child Robert being my 2nd Gt Grandfather.
They had a son named John Reid Porter (Reid being the surname of James' Grandmother, Elizabeth), born 1841 in Ballyvally, Loughgilly, Co. Armagh, so the James Porter born 12 Feb 1841 is not the son of James and Rachel.