Author Topic: James McLaughlin  (Read 9149 times)

Offline McLAUGHLIN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James McLaughlin
« Reply #45 on: Monday 08 January 18 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi James
I find the death certificate interesting inasmuch he died in the home of daughter Patricia (Pat) and Gwyn Griffiths in Brithdir.  The doctor Patrick O'Shea is a legend in Brithdir, he was the village doctor for 54 years.  Given that another daughter Mary Eliza Filmer was the informant I wonder if she and James were visiting Brithdir when he died.  I've checked Find A Grave but found no photograph of a headstone at the village cemetery; this doesn't mean he wasn't buried there though unless of course his body was transported back to Kent?
sorry i don’t know where he is buried , he did move to Kent from Greenock but my dad seems to think he spent a lot of time in Wales after his wife Mabel died. Exciting to know there’s still relatives in Wales. His son my grandfather also spent a lot of time in Wales in the late 60s

Offline McLAUGHLIN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 08 January 18 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi James
I find the death certificate interesting inasmuch he died in the home of daughter Patricia (Pat) and Gwyn Griffiths in Brithdir.  The doctor Patrick O'Shea is a legend in Brithdir, he was the village doctor for 54 years.  Given that another daughter Mary Eliza Filmer was the informant I wonder if she and James were visiting Brithdir when he died.  I've checked Find A Grave but found no photograph of a headstone at the village cemetery; this doesn't mean he wasn't buried there though unless of course his body was transported back to Kent?
sorry i don’t know where he is buried , he did move to Kent from Greenock but my dad seems to think he spent a lot of time in Wales after his wife Mabel died. Exciting to know there’s still relatives in Wales. His son my grandfather also spent a lot of time in Wales in the late 60s
note he was born in Salford not greenock and his birth certificate has McLoughlin instead of McLaughln confusing for family historians

Offline McLAUGHLIN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 08 January 18 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi James
note he was born in Salford not greenock and his birth certificate has McLoughlin instead of McLaughln confusing for family historians
I’ve posted another picture on the ww1 site

Offline McLAUGHLIN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 08 January 18 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi James
I wonder do you have family photographs to share?
http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/topic/253620-silver-war-badge-number/
newspaper clip when Greenock didn’t celebrate the kings jubilee. James has a say

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Interesting snippet!!! do you know name of paper and date? 
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline McLAUGHLIN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 16:50 GMT (UK) »
western daily press 20th February 1935

Offline buckhyne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • James Lawrie & Mary Ann Watson (1878)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 17:35 GMT (UK) »
western daily press 20th February 1935
Excellent sentiments.
Well done Greenock!  :D
Lawrie name in Fife (and elsewhere) with all its various spellings.

Offline McLAUGHLIN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi James
I wonder do you have family photographs to share?
would you have any photos you could share?any photos of my great grandfather or grandfather? I wonder if he was at Patricia’s wedding? Email at (*) if it’s easier

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Patricia Pulford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 20 October 18 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hi James, would I be correct in thinking that James McLaughlin was your great grandfather and could you clarify who your parents are?  Mary Eliza Filmer was my mum, Patricia Griffiths my aunt.   James and Mabel McLaughlin were my grandparents.