Author Topic: Matthew roberts  (Read 7780 times)

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew roberts
« Reply #27 on: Friday 29 September 17 00:18 BST (UK) »
peter  Roberts  1740  died in 2 feb 1825  have his will

A Peter Roberts was buried at Uppingham 21 Dec 1824, aged 74.  This would put his birth at 1750, not 1740.

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline rickarobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 29 September 17 00:22 BST (UK) »
in familysearch.org  it has two marriage for peter Roberts one is to sarah one is  to mary  sisters
mmmmm
thanks
warm regards
Rev Rick
why can I get these records here it is so hard wish I could go there now lol
thanks again

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 29 September 17 00:24 BST (UK) »
in familysearch.org  it has two marriage for peter Roberts one is to sarah one is  to mary  sisters

Familysearch are transcripts only, and it seems they have made a mistake.  I gave you a link to the actual parish record, which shows only one marriage.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline rickarobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 29 September 17 00:26 BST (UK) »
jomot
they did not have a clue about there age in my family which is making it harder but tells me I am on the right family lol
rev rick

Offline rickarobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 29 September 17 00:27 BST (UK) »
jommot

how do I find his will to pay it  I will send money in pounds or credit card really need that will now
warm regards
Rev rick

Offline rickarobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 29 September 17 00:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Rick

Looking at those two familysearch records, and in particular the Film Numbers.

The record saying he married Mary Musson is film No 1450477, which is the Parish Register for Witham on the Hill http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ksu/

The record saying he married Sarah Musson is film No 508075 / 508095, which are the Bishop's Transcript for Witham on the Hill http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ksv/

Therefore the transcripts are from two different records and will have been transcribed by two different people, and as such may be subject to human error.

The link I sent previously is to the images held at Lincolnshire Archives, which are itemised by them as being the Parish Record, ie the one Familysearch has filmed as 1450477 but transcribed as Mary.

I think your best course of action would be to email Lincolnshire Archives and ask if the image on their website for Witham on the Hill is from the Parish Register or the Bishop's Transcript.  If they confirm that it is the Parish Register then the correct bride is Sarah.   

As to Peter who died in 1795, I have a CD of Rutland Wills 1384-1858 and the only will for a Peter Roberts is the one you already have.

Offline rickarobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 29 September 17 01:38 BST (UK) »
are there any wills for matthew Roberts around 1846 1847  some where uppingham stay-maker and cordwainer  ? 
thank you will try and get a hold of Lincolnshire  records we will see
god bless you my friend Rev Rick
it is a mess and if it is messed up it is worse but peter did marry a mary  so who knows  and his son did marry sarah which we know is right for sure have the kids and all 
thanks again

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 29 September 17 02:04 BST (UK) »
There doesn't seem to be a will although there is a record that a Matthew Roberts died intestate and administration was granted to Ann (?) Addison of Glaston.  Year of death is given as 1846