Author Topic: Matthew roberts  (Read 7853 times)

Online Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew roberts
« Reply #36 on: Friday 29 September 17 02:21 BST (UK) »
Just to add to the confusion, from the Leicester Chronicle 06 July 1844:

On Sunday, at Glaston, Rutland, very suddenly, in his 83rd year, Mr Matthew Roberts. He was out of bed to look at his watch at half past five o'clock, in his usual health, and was a corpse by half past eleven.  He was clerk of the parish for forty four years, and held the office till the day of his death.

However, the only burial I can see is at Peckleton on 15 Nov 1847, Matthew Roberts aged 86, which matches the 1847 GRO death record for Matthew Roberts aged 86  ???

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline rickarobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 29 September 17 02:52 BST (UK) »
Jomot
that is him that is ann Addison  her mother was ann  Roberts his sister  now what is interstate mean ???? so there is no will I am bummed 
we have exhausted matthew at this point  only one male left I know of and it is Samuel he died young 27 Jun 1748 pickworth have nothing on him think he moved to north lufferingham  not sure why I think that but I do  lol
well there has to be a will somewhere for this guy or something his sisters kids got the house ann Addison was ann Roberts child from second marriage
warm regards
you have answered a lot of questions my friend god bless you for doing this
warm regards
god bless you and your family amen
Rev Rick 
your friend and mine lol

Online Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 29 September 17 03:13 BST (UK) »
Intestate means died without leaving a will.  Ann Addison was granted administration, which meant that she dealt with his estate.  If he did not have a surviving wife then his children would inherit equally, and if any of his children had died before him then their portion would be split amongst that persons children, if they had any. 

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Online Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 29 September 17 13:07 BST (UK) »
peter did marry a mary  so who knows  and his son did marry sarah which we know is right for sure have the kids and all 
thanks again

This looks like the marriage to Mary you are looking for:

23 Jul 1759 Yarwell, Northamptonshire
Peter Roberts of the parish of Glaiston, Rutland, Shoemaker
Mary Ross of Yarwell, Spinster
Married by Licence.  Both signed.
Witnesses: Richard Skinner & William Harrison

Online Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 29 September 17 17:51 BST (UK) »
Rick

I cant help but think you're muddling up more than one family.  The Peter Roberts buried Witham On The Hill in 1809 was aged 69, so born 1740.  He therefore cant be the same person who died in 1825 whose will you have (and whose burial record puts him as born c1750).

The parents of Peter Roberts baptised 1 May 1740 at Pickworth were Peter & Priscilla, and Priscilla Roberts widow was buried there 2 Sep 1777.  A Peter Roberts was buried at Pickworth on 8 May 1769. 

Offline rickarobinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 29 September 17 22:21 BST (UK) »
hello listers
I have done my y  dna 67 markers and also my family finder  any sites I can put this on in England ? I need to find English connections lol
warm regards
God bless
Rev Rick