Author Topic: WILLIAM WOODGATE born PEMBURY 1745  (Read 866 times)

Offline Littleelse

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
WILLIAM WOODGATE born PEMBURY 1745
« on: Sunday 24 September 17 11:28 BST (UK) »
look up/information request please  :)

I have traced my Woodgate line back from Waldron in Sussex to William born in Pembury, Kent in 1745.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM WOODGATE born PEMBURY 1745
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 September 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

There is an online tree that gives his parents as John Woodgate born 1717 Buxted, Sussex, died 9 November 1788 Buxted, Sussex and Mary Vennall born 26 March 1721  Buxted, Sussex died 21 July 1780  Buxted, Sussex. However they don't quote any sources. 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Littleelse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 September 17 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, thank you, it's been a few years since I've been on here. Now my children are older I'm getting back into my family history research.

I was reading an article about the Woodgate family of Penshurst and Stonewall Park, and it says they had descendents in Pembury. Also I have a DNA link with someone on Ancestry who has a Woodgate of Speldhurst in their tree so I wondered if I was connected to that well documented line of Woodgates somehow, but can't find the missing link yet. Would be a change from all the ag labs if so!

Best Wishes

Kirsten

Offline Littleelse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 September 17 14:00 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

There is an online tree that gives his parents as John Woodgate born 1717 Buxted, Sussex, died 9 November 1788 Buxted, Sussex and Mary Vennall born 26 March 1721  Buxted, Sussex died 21 July 1780  Buxted, Sussex. However they don't quote any sources.

I looked at the above John Woodgate's tree and hus line originates from Brenchley in Kent which is another branch of the Woodgates of Penshurst, so either way it looks like that's my ancestral line.

Many thanks

Kirsten