Author Topic: Shop on west Graham street Glasgow  (Read 1694 times)

Offline paul_mc

• RootsChat Senior
  • Scottish Guy researching his roots....
    • View Profile
Shop on west Graham street Glasgow
« on: Sunday 24 September 17 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I'm hoping for some more help. My great grandfather David Ramage had a shop in West Graham Street, Glasgow in the1940's/1950's.

The shop was called Cameron's Dairy. It's long since been demolished to make way for the motorway. I'm desperately trying to find an old photograph of the shop. I've scoured the internet and gone through every photo on virtual Mitchell without any success. Does anyone know of any in existence ? I know it's a long shot
McCARROLL, MCCARDLE, COX, STRACHAN, CALDWELL, RAMAGE, WOOD, JOHNSTON

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shop on west Graham street Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 September 17 22:32 BST (UK) »
You could google Glasgow Family History Society, and sign in as a Guest.      Then you could click Contact on their toolbar.       Just tell them you have been searching for any old photos of West Graham Street, Glasgow C4.       

...They might suggest somewhere to look, or they might have information available in their records.       You never know.      It's just a suggestion.      You never know what they might come up with.

A while ago, I was desperate to find out more about a tiny place named Jericho in Dumfriesshire, and I contacted Dumfries Family History Society, and they gave me terrific help.    I got what I wanted from them.     

...Still, you need a big slice piece of luck, because I have also hit brick walls when I searched for a photos of a houses elsewhere.

Offline stuartcrawford

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 June 18 23:56 BST (UK) »
Hello -- my aunt (Marion Crawford) was married to a David Ramage and lived in Glasgow around the time you reference.  He had a shop that a different aunt refers to as "Ramage's Shop".  She says that there was a florist's shop next door and also says he was quite wealthy.

I'm wondering if we are both referencing the same David Ramage (and the same shop).  The David Ramage I am related to was born in 1909 and died September 5 1957 in Renfrewshire.  His death certificate lists is occupation as "Grocer Master".  His parents were James Ramage and Sarah Dunn.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart Crawford

Offline Tigerback71

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 March 19 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am David a Ramage’s granddaughter. My mother has a few details about the shop but we sadly have no photographs, not even of David himself. Do you have any photos of him?
Cheers
Heidi

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least two postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php