Author Topic: where is Williams family?  (Read 2331 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: where is Williams family?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 September 17 11:48 BST (UK) »
If you check freebmd for deaths 1871-1881 in the Conway registration district there are several.  However with the 5/6 year difference in his birth year in 1871 that throws in more possibilities. 

Have you asked the cemetery what year the headstone was erected?  It looks in remarkably good condition for an 1862 burial and I wondered if it had been installed long after his death perhaps by another family member.    I also wondered at the absence of any mention of his parents on it.  Clearly not because of cost in view of the inscription.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 September 17 13:43 BST (UK) »
If you check freebmd for deaths 1871-1881 in the Conway registration district there are several.  However with the 5/6 year difference in his birth year in 1871 that throws in more possibilities. 

Have you asked the cemetery what year the headstone was erected?  It looks in remarkably good condition for an 1862 burial and I wondered if it had been installed long after his death perhaps by another family member.    I also wondered at the absence of any mention of his parents on it.  Clearly not because of cost in view of the inscription.

I'll have to do some research on that when I get in! I have noticed that on some sites the birth year is a couple of years off to what I've originally seen! So that doesn't help sometimes.

I've been in loads of contact with the vicar at the Conwy church but his information is limited due to how long ago this was? Is there someone apart from the vicar who would know when the headstone was put on etc? And exactly! It's such a big headstone with only the top half with an inscription but then no other family written on it :(

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 September 17 17:45 BST (UK) »
What is your connection to William?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline LEMB

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 September 17 20:17 BST (UK) »
What is your connection to William?

i'm not even too sure myself! i haven't got down to that part yet, but my g grandma used to speak of the roberts family before she died!