Author Topic: McMahon Family Killaloe 1950  (Read 1957 times)

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
McMahon Family Killaloe 1950
« on: Monday 25 September 17 00:05 BST (UK) »
Looking for a McMahon family who lived in Killaloe in 1950 They were listed among the mourners as cousins who attended the funeral of Julia Bury nee McMahon who died in Feb 1950 and was buried in the family burial place Templekelly Ballina Tipp. Julia was the daughter of Patrick McMahon (1860-1928) and Julia Gleeson (1856-1946) and was born in William St Nenagh in 1900.  Would be very grateful for  help in tracing these McMahon cousins.   
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: McMahon Family Killaloe 1950
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 September 17 00:08 BST (UK) »
Julia died 67yrs ago so wouldn't the cousins be dead by now?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 September 17 16:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,
The local paper is the Nenagh Guardian, write to the editor and he will publish your information.
There is a B&B in Finton Lalor Street called Williamsferry House, he has loads of History about Nenagh and all the people. They don't appear to have a web site but the phone number is
067 31 118  (out side Ireland you would dial 003536731118).
Some of my relatives were next door to your family in William Street in 901 and 1911.
Maggsie

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 September 17 16:50 BST (UK) »
I'm not trying to trace living McMahon relatives These cousins hold the key to who the parents of my great grandfather Patrick McMahon were.  I cannot find a marriage record for him and his wife Julia Gleeson so cannot trace their parents.  I've been going through the McMahon obituaries in the Nenagh Guardian in the hope of finding other McMahon relatives mentioned as mourners.  This is the first obituary that mentions McMahon cousins.  So they and Julia Bury have the same McMahon grandparents and it is the name of these people that hold the key to my being able to trace back another generation.  Thank you for the phone number in Nenagh I will definitely call them and see if they can help me.  By the way, I live in the UK so cannot arrange to go see the parish marriage records for Killaloe and Ballina for 1882 which is when I believe my great grandparents got married Kind regards Janice
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 25 September 17 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am in Wales.
The Killaloe records on line go up to 1881, but in 1864 civil records start, I cannot find the marriage anywhere in Ireland.
I picked up the death of Julia and it was her son Patrick who was present at the death. I went looking for his death, there is one in 1964 aged 72 which would be about the correct age of the Patrick in the Census. His daughter Kathleen Hall was present at the death, the address is Fintin Lalor Street Nenagh, this is the same street as the Williamsferry house I mentioned. Kathleen married Thomas Hall a baker, the address she gave was Fintin Lalor Street. I looked in Ancestry and saw a tree. she died in Birmingham doesn't what year and the person hasn't logged in for nearly a year. I will search another site. Oh just remembered I have the Nenagh History books I will look through them.
I will come back to you.
Maggsie

Offline RobertCasey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Irish research - specially R-L226 (Dal Cais)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 03:16 BST (UK) »
You may want to consider YDNA testing at FTDNA. There are now 228 testers in the McMahon FTDNA project which contains all spelling variations. Many list County Clare as residence of their oldest proven ancestor:

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/mcmahon?iframe=yresults
Casey - Tipperary or Clare, Ireland
Kelly - Ireland
Brooks, Bryan, Shelton (2), Harper, Williamson - England
Tucker, Arrington, Stevenson, Shears, Jarvis - England
Hill (2), Reed, Olliff, Jackson, Potter, Cruse, Charlton - England
Davis. Martin, Ellison, Woodward, Alderson - England
Pace - Shropshire, England
Revier - Netherlands
Messer - Germany
Wininger - Switzerland