Author Topic: Anthony KELLY - Belmullet LOOKUP request  (Read 4911 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony KELLY - Belmullet LOOKUP request
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 September 17 15:37 BST (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 03:02 BST (UK) »
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 08:38 BST (UK) »
If you haven't already I would contact the local church re baptisms of Denis BINGHAM, Darby DONAGHUE and Rose BARRETT - sometimes the priest would write a remark about parentage especially if the child was to use the name
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Owenwee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 19:42 BST (UK) »
 Information

Anthony Kelly b 1879 died aged 2 months  Convultions 24hrs informant Anthony Kelly Muingmore.

Margaret Kelly gave birth to Twins on 17 April 1905  Rose and John, John died 26 May 1905  aged 6 weeks, Bronchitis  informant Anthony Kelly Muingmore.

The birth of Rose Kelly in 1889 record stated Daniel Kelly present at birth, this will be the informant no relationship noted but could be her brother Daniel born 1870.

Marriage of Mary Carey and Michael Ruddy  in 1875 witness Rose Kelly. Cant locate death for a Hugh Carey father of Mary.

Offline amac1210

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Owen,

Many thanks, that is very helpful!

Where did you find wee Anthony's death record? Sounds pretty tragic, but sadly not uncommon either.

I noticed Margaret Kelly's information earlier on. Her daughter Rose is listed as Rose Barrett on the 1911 census, living with Grandparents. Margaret died not long after giving birth from complications.

I'm assuming that is the same Daniel Kelly, though he disappears after this. Maybe he moved to Scotland.

The Mary Carey connection sounds certain enough, however, since it is in 1875 this Rose Kelly is probably another relative? I'm now speculating the sister or the mother of Anthony Kelly Snr. The families likely knew one another already at that point. This also gives a namesake potentially for my Great-Grandmother Rose Kelly/Shevlin born 1889 died 1949.

Thanks,

Tony

Offline amac1210

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I found 1901 and 1911 census records for a Rose Kelly who was the wife of a Michael Kelly. They had a son Anthony Kelly themselves, which looks promising. Though this Rose would be no blood relation of mine, but possibly a sister-in-law of Anthony Kelly who was married to Ann Carey. It's all speculation. I found Rose's death record in 1932, when she died at the age of 90 years. Looking up Michael Kelly's death at the moment. But I think we'll need to find their own marriage to get more details that can solve this one. There is a marriage record from 1868 online, but irritatingly it can't be accessed.

I did notice a death for a Hugh Carey in Belmullet, in the date of 1870. He died aged 30, which means he'd have been born in 1840 and could well be a son of Hugh Carey and Sarah Corrigan. Again it is very irritating, the record can't be accessed.

As to Sarah Corrigan, there is another promising record here. There is an 1881 death for Sarah Carey, aged 65 which works out with the dates I have. The problem is again the record is inaccessible online.

Cheers,

Tony

Offline Owenwee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 20:44 BST (UK) »
I use Roots Ireland.ie  its a subscription site.

This is where I found details of baby  Anthony Kelly.

The record for Sarah Carey 27-12-1880 aged 65yrs
Muingmore listed as a widow, occupation Farmers Wife. Debility 3months.
Informant  Anthony Kelly Muingmore 
Noted on record, Marital Status and Occupation Differ but are direct from Register.

This looks like the correct person, usually if the dec'd is a Widow it doesn't show an occupation.

The Death in 1932 of Rose Kelly she is from Gorthiliha, the family are the ones you see in the census, looking at birth of son Anthony in 1886 patrents are listed as Rose Garvin and Michael Kelly. I can find no marriage for the couple.   This is not the same Townland as your Anthony Kelly's but could be connected.

The death of Hugh Carey aged 30 in 1870 where did you see this record I cant locate?

Offline amac1210

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 21:03 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the details on Sarah Carey. Were her parents listed? They'd have had the surname of Corrigan. I'm trying to push back into earlier generations if possible. May be a tricky task though.

Yes, not sure at all about those Kellys. It's hard to say. I just can't find any other Rose Kelly who fits the 1875 date living in Belmullet.

I got the Hugh Carey death in 1870 from Irish Genealogy. It's a website with plenty of records, but again the record is not available for online viewing.

Do you have the exact date of death for the baby Anthony Kelly? Just so I can put that into my tree. Many thanks for this help.

Cheers,

Tony

Offline Owenwee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 21:35 BST (UK) »
Anthony Kelly born 28th Sept 1879 died 19 Nov 1879.

The death record shows only the details I have given its not an actual cert. I doubt very much that the Irish records show names of parents, as the Baptismal Records often do not list parents names only the sponsors, same with early marriage records.

I see the record for Hugh Carey in Belmullet 1870 on Irish Gen. It must be missing from the Irish Roots site, either way it would only show details of date and informant.

If I find a birth of Hugh will let you know.