Author Topic: Hugh CAREY and Sarah CORRIGAN - Lookup request  (Read 1436 times)

Offline amac1210

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hugh CAREY and Sarah CORRIGAN - Lookup request
« on: Monday 25 September 17 01:05 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I've been investigating my Irish ancestors lately and found a woman named Ann Carey. She married a man named Anthony Kelly and lived in Belmullet, Co. Mayo with him until he died in 1911. Thereafter, she moved to Glasgow in Scotland to be with her daughter and her family. She died in 1935 and her death certificate records her parents as Hugh Carey and Sarah Corrigan. It also lists her age as 82 years, however on Mundia I noted the same woman associated with someone born on 29th July 1848 in Killearny, Co. Kerry. I'm hoping to confirm where she was indeed born and when. Above all, I'm interested in finding details on Hugh Carey and Sarah Corrigan and any other children they may have had.

Many Thanks,

Tony

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline amac1210

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh CAREY and Sarah CORRIGAN - Lookup request
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 September 17 13:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks,

So what do you think about finding Hugh Carey and Sarah Corrigan? Assuming they were from Co. Mayo, how would we go about finding them? From the 1901 and 1911 censuses Ann Carey would have been born c. 1841 which is quite a long time ago in Irish records. It would also appear from the 1901 census that neither Hugh nor Sarah was still alive. I am wondering if there is a Baptismal register somewhere that could help us here?

Tony