Author Topic: Richard Pyle (Pile) death  (Read 1209 times)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Pyle (Pile) death
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 14:06 BST (UK) »
From the Newcastle Journal - Saturday 20 September 1851
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 14:08 BST (UK) »
Good find :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Pete E

• RootsChat Member
  • Man in his natural environment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 17:00 BST (UK) »
 ;D That's brilliant thanks Millmoor and Stan. Hopefully if the papers have reported the initial hearing there may be later reports on the case? Is this from the British Newspaper Archive or other online source; do you know if the Journal and Courant are available at a record office/library? 
I have to admit to being quite saddened, I have a lot of miners in the old family tree and none to my knowledge had died as a result of their work until I discovered the nature of Richards death. Looking at the Roll of Honour on the Durham Mining Museum website it is tragic the number of lives lost in the industry. Thanks again.
Northumberland; Mann, Lynn, Waters, Pyle, Murray.   Yorkshire; Ellis, Heckison, Proctor.<br />Lincolnshire; Wilkinson, Dawson.<br />Cumberland; Doran, Murray. Cheshire; Sutton,