Author Topic: Richard Gardner 1796 -1855  (Read 1253 times)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gardner 1796 -1855
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:21 BST (UK) »
I stand corrected Jebber. Never too old to learn.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:26 BST (UK) »
Radcliff, I found the article about Richard Gardner, Zephyrette, drowning in 1850, and wondered for a while if I'd got things wrong, but my Richard is definitely on the 1851 census. This Richard's body was eventually recovered in early May 1850 and buried at Rampside. I have since discovered, through another article involving my Richard's son, also a Richard, & his brothers at a court trial in 1850 that the Richard Gardner from Poulton with red hair was not related to them in any way. Thanks for your help so far :)
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:26 BST (UK) »
even though the record states he s buried at St Marys his body is in fact in Rampside church yard he was found 11 weeks after he drowned washed up at Piel Island,and had a notebook in his pocket that helped Identify him  I pass this church yard often he is in a lovely place
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:27 BST (UK) »
so two Richards same age and fishermen okay xxx
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:34 BST (UK) »
In the trial report, the police officers complain that the fishermen from Poulton all look the same and have the same names! The majority of them went by nicknames because of the limited range of forenames and surnames :)

Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:40 BST (UK) »
on the burial you have in 1855 Poulton, the abode given  is Holme Parish of Burton is that not near Kendal

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 11:58 BST (UK) »
on the burial you have in 1855 Poulton, the abode given  is Holme Parish of Burton is that not near Kendal
My copy of the parish register states Poulton as the abode  ???

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 13:18 BST (UK) »
Burial: 29 Apr 1850 St Mary, Dalton in Furness, Lancashire, England
Richard Gardner -
Abode: Poulton-le-Sand near Lancaster
Buried by: W Dawson off'g minister

Burial: 7 Feb 1855 Holy Trinity, Poulton-le-Sands, Lancashire, England
Richard Gardner -