Author Topic: Edward Edwards  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Edward Edwards
« on: Tuesday 26 September 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
I know very little about my great grandfather Edward Edwards.  What I do know is he moved to Llandudno Junction sometime about 1925-1935 to run a public house.  Can anyone please help find details.

Thank you Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Edwards
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi
Which of his children is your ancestor? Name and date of birth? Do you have a marriage and birth certificate for them which would give Edward Edward's occupation prior to moving to Llandudno? Where was he living before he moved?
Who did your ggrandfather marry? Do you have his marriage certificate which would give his age/date of birth?
Sorry for all the questions but we need to sort him out from the rest.

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 20:51 BST (UK) »
okay; i will sort out family papers tomorrow and get back to you.
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 23:03 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for him on the 1939 register?
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hello
My g.grandfather Edward Edwards was born c1865 Aberystwyth district.  He married Jane Evans at Aberystwyth Registry Office on 15 August 1884.  At the time of the 1891 census Edward (coal miner) Jane and sons Tom and Rees, all born Cardiganshire, were living in Park View Street, Waunlwyd, Ebbw Vale, Monmouthshire.  Whilst residing there two more children were born David and Margaret Jane Edwards (my grandmother) in 1895.  Prior to 1901 the family had moved to Pontlottyn, Glamorgan, residing at 5 Tynewydd Street, where a daughter Mary was born 1899.
In 1911, g.grandfather Edward was fireman at the Tynewydd Colliery, Pontlottyn when in May 1911 son David met his death under tragic circumstances.  Sometime after Edward Edwards left the mine and was proprietor of the Crown public house in Cross Street, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire from 2 February 1916 through to 2 February 1921.  It was after this date Edward and Jane moved to Llandudno Junction to take over a pub there.

Edward Edwards died 29 October 1936 age 71; Jane Edwards died 2 September 1945; both buried in Pontlottyn, Glamorgan

Margaret Jane Edwards was born 15 June 1894 in Waunlwyd, Aberystruth, Monmouthshire and married Sylvanus Brewer in 1913.  Their first born Edward Brewer went to live with his grandparents Edward and Jane in Llandudno Junction.  He married Winifred Appleton in 1938.
 My mother Eileen Brewer, third child of Sylvanus and Margaret was actually born in the Crown public house in 1920, her mother had gone there visiting her parents.   
I hope there is enough detail here to help locate details of the public house where Edward Edwards was proprietor in Llandudno Junction and any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Roy

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

I think you mean your mum was the third daughter of Margaret Edwards and Sylvanus Brewer - not Edward & Jane

Have you checked any available trade directories?

Did Edward leave a will?  Any clues there?
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 16:48 BST (UK) »
Might be worth posting here:-

http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php

Regards
Roger

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole
Always on the ball; thank you for picking up my error, it is now corrected.

Regards, Roy