Author Topic: John G. Maltezo, wife Isabella, daughter Anastasia, Immigrants to Destin Florida  (Read 737 times)

Offline BillyBowlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
  • William Augustus Bowles (1763-1805)
    • View Profile
Dear Rootschatters,

I love this wonderful old photo of John George Maltezo and his young family who settled in (what used to be) the small fishing village of Destin, Florida. The Maltezo's were one of the original families to settle in this area which boasts the most beautiful beaches and some of the best fishing in the State of Florida. Many of the locals are descended from or related to this family.

Would someone be kind enough to restore and colour this old photo to share with their family?

Many thanks in advance.  :D

Billy

Lovelock - 2nd St. Pancras tree on the Lovelock Family Web site.
Woods family from Petersfield.

Offline Wiggy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • coloured by Gadget
    • View Profile
Re: John G. Maltezo, wife Isabella, daughter Anastasia, Immigrants to Destin Florida
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Billy,

Just asking . . . . this is a really beautiful photo and deserves some really serious work on it.  Is there a chance that you own the photo and could scan it at 300dpi and repost it?  It would be really worth it for the finished job you would get on it!!    :)

People will have a go at it as it is, but you would get a better job if you could do the above.   You either need to remove the first posting or add more to the file name to rename.

If not, never mind.

Wiggy.
Gaunt, Ransom, McNally, Stanfield, Kimberley. (Tasmania)
Brown, Johnstone, Eskdale, Brand  (Dumfriesshire,  Scotland)
Booth, Bruerton, Deakin, Wilkes, Kimberley
(Warwicks, Staffords)
Gaunt (Yorks)
Percy, Dunning, Hyne, Grigg, Farley (Devon, UK)
Duncan (Fife, Devon), Hugh, Blee (Cornwall)
Green, Mansfield, (Herts)
Cavenaugh, Ransom (Middlesex)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.

Offline pablo59

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John G. Maltezo, wife Isabella, daughter Anastasia, Immigrants to Destin Florida
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 12:34 BST (UK) »

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Billy...Haven't seen you on here for a long time  ;D I agree with Wiggy...You can post a file size of up to 500kbs and yours is only 172kbs...if you have the original and can re-scan the extra effort will be worth it for the best outcome.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 15:21 BST (UK) »
Agree with whats been said but I did one anyway.....

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
I was just about to post my restoration when I realised Andy and I had chosen nearly the same colour scheme. Great minds Andy!!!
I went away and changed the colour of the ladies outfit so we have a bit of variety. ::) ::)
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 September 17 08:13 BST (UK) »
A couple of late ones from me.
Cheers, Peter.
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.