Author Topic: Missing births: William Strang Harvie Craig and John Lindsay Harvie Graig  (Read 1847 times)

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Missing births: William Strang Harvie Craig and John Lindsay Harvie Graig
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 October 17 03:09 BST (UK) »
A bit more to fill in the gap in the time frame between William's death in 1917 and their arrival at Liverpool 30 May  1919.

===

The Evening News
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Saturday, September 22, 1917 - Page 8

"Irvln Bomgardner has purchased the property of Mrs. William Harvie, on Prospect street, and will take possession October 1. Mrs. Harvie will reside with her sister, Mrs. A. Cleghorn. at Winnipeg, Manitoba, for some time prior to leaving for Airdrie, Scotland."

==

Seems the family had many friends in Hummelstown, Pa. It appears after they went to Effie's sister in Winnipeg in Oct 1917, they stayed there for the next 18 months. Then in April 1919 they came back to Hummelstown., PA to visit one last time before heading back to Scotland.

The Evening News
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Monday, April 21, 1919 - Page 6

"Mrs. Effie Harvie and sons, William and Lindsay, who have resided at Winnipeg, Canada, for the past year and are enroute to Mrs. Harvie's home in Airdrie, Scotland, are spending two weeks with Mr. and Mrs. David Cassel. "

======

Harrisburg Telegraph (see attached)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Monday, April 21, 1919 - Page 2

==============

Harrisburg Telegraph ((see attached)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
 Saturday, April 26, 1919 - Page 6

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 October 17 09:05 BST (UK) »
Wow! Thank you for those extracts. It's really great to be able to flesh out my database with these pieces of information.Very much appreciated.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Philip Craig

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 October 18 01:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Rosie.

My name is Philip Richards Craig. My father was Geoffrey Grant Richards Craig and he was the only child of John Lindsay Harvey Craig; known as Lindsay Craig. He was married to Amelia Essen Craig (Morrison) from Aberdeen.

I have passed on this message to my mother and we will collect together any information we have on my grandfather and his brother.  if you want to ask any questions.

Thank you

Philip

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 October 18 05:03 BST (UK) »
Hello Philip and welcome to rootschat ...I don't have any connection to the family it is Forfarian you will need to share your information with ...Once you have made 2 more posts you will be able to send a private message to Forfarian ...I would advise you to delete your e-mail address as we are not allowed to post this information ..

Rosie  :)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 October 18 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Philip, and thank you for getting in touch. I reckon you and I are 3rd cousins once removed, both being descended from Joseph Storey Wilkie and Marion Black, who were married in Airdrie in 1829.

I'll be in touch offline.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.