Author Topic: Help with my Cain/Kane Ancestors  (Read 1429 times)

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Help with my Cain/Kane Ancestors
« on: Wednesday 27 September 17 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi I am up the wall with my Cain/Kane Ancestors I have a Bridget Ann Elizabeth Betsy YES she uses all four names just to confuse me..born c 1823 Stirlingshire...she married a William Ralston in the Isle Of Man after most of their children were born they lived in German in Peel William was a Draper I have them on the 1851 and 1861 in Peel..ages all over the place..

They move to Kirkdale Liverpool in the late 1860's William dies in 1883 and by 1891 Elizabeth his wife has moved to Stirling with her daughter.I have her death record 1899 Broad Street Stirling wife of William Ralston A Draper...daughter of Peter Kane and Margaret Lennan/Lannan ? I saw who I believed to be her parents in Ramsey Isle Of Man in 1851 Peter Cain a Draper born Scotland 1801 and Margaret also born Scotland 1802, but cannot locate them afterwards or before..

Any help appreciated with my Kane/Cains

Regards Colette
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with my Cain/Kane Ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 13:19 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage bann between a Peter Cane and Margaret Lennon in the Gorbals Lanark 6 Feb 1819

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 14:23 BST (UK) »
Baptisms RC;

KANE BRIDGET
PETER KANE/MARGARET LENAN
1/10/1821
7/10/1821
Glasgow, St Andrew's Lanark

KAIN CATHERINE
PETER KAIN/MARGARET LENNAN
26/10/1826
Glasgow, St Andrew's Lanark

KANE MARGARET
PETER KANE/MARGARET LENNAN
10/7/1835
2/8/1835
Greenock, St Mary's Renfrew

Big gaps between i.e. possibly other births?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 14:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you both so much..wonder why she says she was born in Stirling, In 1891 she is living in Broad Street Stirling named Elizabeth B Ralston.. her daughter Mary Agnes Ralston is married to a Francis  Kane he was born in Stirling in 1837 and Mary Agnes IOM in 1865 he's a lot older than her..I wondered if he is a relation of my Bridget Elizabeth..being a Kane..

I can see Francis in 1841 in Stirling in BROAD ST..parents James Kane b Ireland 1808 and wife Mary born Ireland 1811..same in 1851 still at Broad St..James Kane could maybe be the brother of Peter Kane..

Thanks Colette
Pratt, Benson, Haizelden, Ralston, Keller, Henshall, Wilson, Cook, Kilvert, Baylis, Lee.

Offline colette

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hi I wondered if someone could find a burial record for Bridget Elizabeth Ralston..or Elizabeth Bridget 1899 48 Broad St Stirling is where she died...The family were Catholic..also the 1911 census record for her daughter Mary Agnes Kane b 1865 Isle Of Man,, she has five children all born Stirling James F 1889..Francis W B 1891 Bridget b 1892 Jessie b 1896 and William P b 1897..

1901 they had moved to Edinburgh for a while..

Thanks Colette

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 September 17 00:36 BST (UK) »
Just noticed you have the death & it's the burial you're looking for!

As her death entry is "Bridget" I think it's likely she was buried as Bridget?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline SandyMcJ

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 20:16 BST (UK) »
Memento Mori website  - index for Mar & Valley Cemetery lists Bridget Ralston died 27 May 1898 aged 76, also in same cemetery Mary Agnes Ralston (Kane) died 17 July 1923 aged 59.

Link http://www.memento-mori.co.uk/45.pdf