Author Topic: LONG LOST Relative - (*) SHEVLIN  (Read 1139 times)

Offline amac1210

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LONG LOST Relative - (*) SHEVLIN
« on: Wednesday 27 September 17 18:54 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I was advised to go onto RootsChat about this query. One of my relations by the name of (*) Shevlin has been out of touch with our family for decades. He was born in 1927 in Glasgow, and left the family after an argument around 1956. However, some people say they spotted him in 1997 at his brother's funeral, also in Glasgow. Furthermore, around 1995 a cousin said he was "sighted in Cork, Ireland". What I know for sure is that he was last seen 1956/1997 and went down South to England after 1956 to work with cars. I've searched 192.com and other websites but nobody is popping up. There is no death record on ScotlandsPeople either. The hope is we'll find him living, and be able to make contact. But I'm not sure where to begin. It is quite possible he changed his name - one relation claimed he was now going by the name of Edward Murphy, but this could just be speculation. It's all unclear. Any ideas, how can I find out about what happened to him?

Cheers,

Tony

(*) see next reply

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LONG LOST Relative - (*) SHEVLIN
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 September 17 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony

Thanks for posting but his name has been removed in accordance with our 'no living people' policy.

I did a quick electoral register search online and an address in County Down postcode BT23 turned up.

I will send you the full address by pm.

The caveat to that is his year of birth. We all like to think we will find our missing relatives, if he is still alive and that is the right person, he would be 90 so getting on in years and possibly in residential care as he seems not to be at that address now.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: LONG LOST Relative - (*) SHEVLIN
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 October 17 03:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony,

I forgot I had posted this message for you a while back but I have only picked up on it again...

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=759914.msg6349238

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"