Author Topic: Public Trust New Zealand  (Read 2075 times)

Offline huriteAO

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Public Trust New Zealand
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 October 17 09:44 BST (UK) »
Just in case you don't have this wee one on your family tree......

1878/7036   Gentry   Frederick   Rebecca   Charles William

1878/2419   Gentry   Frederick   5D

Added:Death notice:

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/THS18780701.2.6?query=c.%20w.%20gentry

Minniehaha.

Thanks again ... we have Frederick and Frederick Charles

Offline huriteAO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 October 17 10:01 BST (UK) »
Waikumete Cemetery - Auckland :

[Note:   According to an earlier recent thread on here, there are currently (but soon to be resolved) issues with obtaining information from the online records for above cemetery. ]

The following though comes from cemetery (burial) information (source:  ancestry.com) >

Waikumete Cemetery - Wesleyan F - Row 6

Plot 59 :   Katherine Ann MARTIN - buried 14-8-1952.

[Plots which have headstones, are indicated as such in this record.   It appears there is no h/stone for Katherine Ann MARTIN. ]

~  Lu

This is amazing Lu ... I looked there because her two sisters were buried at Waikumete in 1893 and 1903. I hadn't found her there.  Thank you very much. I just wonder who saw to her burial arrangements with all her generation dead. I have much yet to find...Thank you again for this starter

Offline huriteAO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 October 17 10:09 BST (UK) »
huriteAO

I wouldn't perhaps read too much into the fact that William Andrew MARTIN left a good part of his estate to the widowed Apikara LARDELLI (it seems that he was also a friend or colleague of her late husband, Victor S. LARDELLI, who incidentally left a sizeable estate, himself.)
And William A. MARTIN did of course also make provision in his will for his (estranged ?) wife Catherine Ann, to benefit financially.

William A. MARTIN's last Will was dated 18 November 1922.   

It is not until 1925 that Apikara LARDELLI is shown as living at 7 Harris Street, Gisborne (the residence of William Andrew MARTIN). [She could though have been there earlier ?   Electoral rolls cannot always be relied upon to given accurate info.]

Catherine Ann MARTIN in 1919 had lived at # 5 Harris Street - with William A. residing at # 7 Harris Street, Gisborne.   The Harris Street properties owned by William A. were described in his Will ... "# 7 Harris Street being the middle of the three houses (owned) on that street".

I can't find Catherine again until 1935 when she's living in Auckland at # 17 Maurice Ave, Parnell (there in 1938 also).  [Note:  She's not the Catherine Ann Martin living with a daughter in Hastings (1928). ]

Noting also that the Will of William A. MARTIN stated that (after bequests to Apikara and Catherine Ann) the residue of his estate should go to his sister, Margaret TONER (looks like?) of Sydney, Australia.
So it really does not seem like he and Catherine had children.

~  Lu

Many thanks again Lu. I'll try Toner if I go down that track. I'd previously looked for Jones