Author Topic: 1907 Death in Durban  (Read 322 times)

Offline Gossypium

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1907 Death in Durban
« on: Friday 29 September 17 03:01 BST (UK) »
Edward Walter Cotton was born in Ireland in about 1855 and died on 12 April 1907 in Durban.

An application for a copy of his death certificate has been made, but may be unsuccessful.

Do libraries hold microfilm of Durban newspapers and would a librarian look for a death notice or obituary in the week following his death?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1907 Death in Durban
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 September 17 12:49 BST (UK) »
Here is his Estate along with his Death Notice. He had a brother I think W or M A Cotton living at 20 Donegal Quay Belfast. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS7P-R3G8-V?i=164&cat=229462
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1907 Death in Durban
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 17 13:03 BST (UK) »
The records kept in libraries and the newspapers as far as I know have not been digitised and as you have seen trying to get anything from the archives is just about impossible unless you pay a researcher. You can try researching these few papers at http://www.eggsa.org/newspapers/index.php/search-newspapers
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.