Author Topic: Dating Photo from Bendetti and Co Court Photgraphers Peckham Rye  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dating Photo from Bendetti and Co Court Photgraphers Peckham Rye
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 September 17 14:08 BST (UK) »
Could she have made a trip back to the UK at any point? The brooch is interesting...do you have any other later female photos of anyone else wearing it?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline SteveFarmer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 01 October 17 02:50 BST (UK) »
Could she have made a trip back to the UK at any point? The brooch is interesting...do you have any other later female photos of anyone else wearing it?
Carol

Hi Carol

I thought about that as well, but the three possible women are all having babies in Australia up until the 1890's and given the time it took for the sea voyage I don't think any of them could have gone back to the old dart in 1890.

Of course the pic may be of one of their sisters back in England who sent it via the post.

Great suggestion about the brooch, we will ask my partners mum about it

Regards
Steve

Offline SteveFarmer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 07:42 BST (UK) »
Sadly my partners mum does not remember anyone in the family wearing that brooch, so it seems she will remain a mystery for now

Thanks very much to everyone for the help and suggestions  :)

Steve