Author Topic: John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think  (Read 561 times)

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think
« on: Friday 29 September 17 10:00 BST (UK) »
I know who he married and who his children were, I know he lived at croft no. 16 in Morefield but I know nothing about who his parents were.
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 September 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

I used to live in Coigach and as far as I can remember, the Lochbroom parish records didn't go back much further than 1790. Earlier info was via info rom the National Archives and misc local records.

The Ullapool Museum is a great source  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Campbell born at Ardmair 1781 or 1786 I think
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 September 17 19:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this Gadget.  I was in Ullapool in July and I had one of the volunteers working on my family tree from the beginning of the year.  A fabulous resource to have the museum there.  I live in ChCh. NZ.  I now have aphoto of croft 16, which is of course dilapidated but still in existence without a roof.  I will look at the national archives.  I have used Scotland's people many times. 
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh