Author Topic: Burials Kingston Bagpuize and Longworth  (Read 1544 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Burials Kingston Bagpuize and Longworth
« on: Saturday 30 September 17 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hello, Does someone happen to have Burial registers for the above parishes please?

I am looking for two people who do not appear in their Monunmental inscription indexes as I have been told that they lie in unmarked graves, but am assured that they lie in these two churchyards.

One is Walter HENLEY who died 1930 who is buried at Longworth Churchyard and his wife
Sarah Elizabeth HENLEY of Standlake who lies in Kingston Bagpuize Churchyard. Sarah died ca March 1954.

Many thanks for any help. Jill
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Burials Kingston Bagpuize and Longworth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 October 17 00:03 BST (UK) »
Sarah's death is confirmed as 1954 - RD Ploughley (Oxfordshire) which does not cover Bagpuize and Longworth

www.freebmd.org.uk

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/ploughley.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 October 17 18:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol, I did have that information, I needed to know the full date of burial. That is what I am after. ;-)) Thanks for looking though.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 October 17 19:17 BST (UK) »
Are you saying that although she died in Oxfordshire - she was buried in Berkshire?
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 October 17 01:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill,

I only have the transcripts for Longworth and neither Walter or Sarah Henley's names appear in the burials.

My records for Kingston Bag. only go to 1880 so can't help there.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 October 17 08:35 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Alan and Carol,
>Are you saying that although she died in Oxfordshire - she was buried in Berkshire?

Yes that's correct. She had moved from her home in Kingston Bagpuize, [then in Berkshire] to live in Standlake [Oxfordshire] ca 1920 where a daughter was living close by. Her body was buried in Kingston to lie next to her grandson who had been killed in WW1 and when her son and daughter in law died [parents of the boy who died in War] they were buried next to her.  Not too sure why her husband Walter was buried in Longworth, but he was probably living in that area of Southmoor where it seemed customary to be buried there.
Thanks for the help, everyone.
Jill

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 02 October 17 13:19 BST (UK) »
Are the grandsons burial details on www.cwgc.org

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 02 October 17 16:09 BST (UK) »
Yes, thanks they are.
Jill

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 02 October 17 16:55 BST (UK) »
Am I missing something here?  If she is buried next to her grandson and you have his grave number from the cwgc site - then her grave number should be one more or less than his.  With that information - is it not possible to ask the records office to check the records for those graves and give you her burial date?