Author Topic: 1483 Will of John Hever  (Read 3329 times)

Offline MBoyd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1483 Will of John Hever
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 March 18 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt!
This is an awesome record! Out of curiosity, do you know the source for this will?

Thanks!
Michelle

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 March 18 00:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matt!
This is an awesome record! Out of curiosity, do you know the source for this will?

Thanks!
Michelle

Hi Michelle

The Will is from the Canterbury Cathedral Archives. You can find it on their Wills database website

https://wills.canterbury-cathedral.org/

This is a Registered Copy of the Will and the reference for it is PRC/17/3/464

So far it is the only Will I have found for the Hevers in that time period and area.

Hope that helps

Matt

Offline MBoyd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you!

Michelle

Offline Sally Hever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 30 September 18 20:29 BST (UK) »
This is a message to Matt, who was asking about the will of John Hever and any links within it to Margaret Hever. Is there any chance you can show me the tree from Margaret down to you or to the present day as I am very interested to see if I am linked in any way.

Sally

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 October 18 02:43 BST (UK) »
This is a message to Matt, who was asking about the will of John Hever and any links within it to Margaret Hever. Is there any chance you can show me the tree from Margaret down to you or to the present day as I am very interested to see if I am linked in any way.

Sally

Hi Sally

It's a long time since I posted the original message about the Will so your message was a bit of a surprise.

By all means I will send you the descent details but obviously it's quite long! The best thing to do will be to pm me with your email address and I can send the info to u that way.

In summary though, the Hevers connect to the Tufton family, Agnes Tufton married into the Denne family, then several generations down from them, Elizabeth Denne married a Vincent Billinghurst, the line then continues down into the Tuff family, then the Spices, then into the Richardson family.

I won't be able to send you a full descent as it is rather big! The Denne family alone takes up about 9 sheets of A4 lol!

If there's any questions you've got about this or the Hevers etc let me know and I'll try to help.

Matt

Offline Sally Hever

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 October 18 08:58 BST (UK) »
HI Matt, Thank you so much for your reply, I am a Hever and was really interested in that side of the family, having looked more into the will it seems that Margaret was an only child and the Hever line dies out with her. I wonder if you know anything else about the Hever line as on my tree I can nt go back past 1806 who was a John Hever living in Edenbridge., it is so frustrating! lol How do I PM you as not used this site before

Sally