Author Topic: Upper grange farm markfield  (Read 474 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Upper grange farm markfield
« on: Sunday 01 October 17 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi guys
Have just started back at upper grange farm markfield metal detecting I gave up for a while but have gone back . Any way my mate Chris asked me back I have found mole hills in the lawn and they have pushed up roof tiles with holes in and pottery Chris said that the tiles would have had wooden pegs in then not tacks or nails .the tiles are thicker then our ones we use today .on the out side wall there is like a shoot on the out side wall which I said would have been for a big building for the waste to go down and also at the bottom of the wall there is a arch way which would have carried a water surplie to the house or grange .i have found old coins and sack thing with numbers on I still own them I don't sell any thing  or give away I keep for history reasons .i love love to really find out if upper grange farm was a medieval grange or monastic farm as I found horse thee the and goat theeth when I first sorted there.my mums family worked there back in the 1800 hundreds I have photos of this but want to know more of this if it belonged to if it belonged to horse pool grange and would there have been some  highe up living there.
Ste