Author Topic: Death in Gloucestershire but on Scotland Probate Index  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death in Gloucestershire but on Scotland Probate Index
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 12:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks William, I guess the will would be the next logical step to finding anything out. 

It is intriguing but I had problems with that site (registered years ago to help with a friends research) and took ages to extricate myself from it and the continual contact from them so am reluctant to dive back in.   

However if curiosity gets the better of me (which it probably will!) I will do as you suggest.

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death in Gloucestershire but on Scotland Probate Index
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 13:04 BST (UK) »
Just to say that if you do decide to satisfy your curiosity Scotland's People now has a different provider.You may, therefore, have to re register or,at the very least, provide a new password. One good thing about the new site is that you can search the indexes for free. ( Don't think there should be a problem with continual  contact from them now - I very rarely hear from them and if I do it is a newsletter).

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)