Author Topic: I have found myself  (Read 2166 times)

Offline BattyB

• RootsChat Member
  • mum and me
    • View Profile
Re: I have found myself
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 October 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainbow - yes it certainly looks like it.  I also noticed you have a name that I am also interested in -JEWELL.  Maybe we could compare notes.
Doble.  North. Garrish. Jewell. Gillard.
Vincent.  Spiller. Collings. Board.   
Harris. Manfield. Manning. Salter. Eveleigh.
Strawbridge. Matthews. Sweetland.
Devon. NZ. Australia.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 October 17 19:24 BST (UK) »
Well what a coincidence is that? My only link with Jewell is that it's my husband's name, and this is the second time in two days that I have found someone with both names in their family history! I had a message from a Rootschatter who had seen some of my previous posts from a few years ago, in relation to Combe St Nichlolas in Somerset, and they also have Jewells in their family. Mind you, I think Jewell is a fairly common West Country name, and I have been down several wrong branches before now!
Jewell - Devon, Cornwall and Manchester
North - Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Cardiff and Warrington
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline BattyB

• RootsChat Member
  • mum and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 October 17 14:18 BST (UK) »
I have only just found the name Jewell in my family and that is only because I am tracing the female lines (wives) and she dates back to the early 1700's.

The North connection is a little more recent - Elizabeth North my g.grandfather's wife was born 1883 and died 1901 and her family all seemed to come from Devon where most of my ancestors come from.  I have traced her 3 generations back.

It's a nice feeling when you actually find something.  I live about 4 miles from Combe St Nicholas by the way.
Doble.  North. Garrish. Jewell. Gillard.
Vincent.  Spiller. Collings. Board.   
Harris. Manfield. Manning. Salter. Eveleigh.
Strawbridge. Matthews. Sweetland.
Devon. NZ. Australia.