Author Topic: I have found myself  (Read 2955 times)

Offline BattyB

• RootsChat Member
  • mum and me
    • View Profile
Re: I have found myself
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 October 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Rainbow - yes it certainly looks like it.  I also noticed you have a name that I am also interested in -JEWELL.  Maybe we could compare notes.
Doble.  North. Garrish. Jewell. Gillard.
Vincent.  Spiller. Collings. Board.   
Harris. Manfield. Manning. Salter. Eveleigh.
Strawbridge. Matthews. Sweetland.
Devon. NZ. Australia.

Offline Rainbow Quartz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 October 17 19:24 BST (UK) »
Well what a coincidence is that? My only link with Jewell is that it's my husband's name, and this is the second time in two days that I have found someone with both names in their family history! I had a message from a Rootschatter who had seen some of my previous posts from a few years ago, in relation to Combe St Nichlolas in Somerset, and they also have Jewells in their family. Mind you, I think Jewell is a fairly common West Country name, and I have been down several wrong branches before now!
Jewell - Devon, Cornwall and Manchester
North - Somerset, Devon, Dorset, Cardiff and Warrington
Rowe - Devon, Dorset
Oliver - Somerset

Offline BattyB

• RootsChat Member
  • mum and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 October 17 14:18 BST (UK) »
I have only just found the name Jewell in my family and that is only because I am tracing the female lines (wives) and she dates back to the early 1700's.

The North connection is a little more recent - Elizabeth North my g.grandfather's wife was born 1883 and died 1901 and her family all seemed to come from Devon where most of my ancestors come from.  I have traced her 3 generations back.

It's a nice feeling when you actually find something.  I live about 4 miles from Combe St Nicholas by the way.
Doble.  North. Garrish. Jewell. Gillard.
Vincent.  Spiller. Collings. Board.   
Harris. Manfield. Manning. Salter. Eveleigh.
Strawbridge. Matthews. Sweetland.
Devon. NZ. Australia.